Holiday livery/freelance grooms

Equibeau

Visit site
For those with their horses at home, what do you do about holidays? I have been scouring the Farmers Guardian etc but nobody seems to advertise these services. Anyone know of somewhere that takes holiday liveries/temp groom around Chorley/Eccleston way? i dont like to ask my friends as they dont live close enough and have their own horses to do. (not had a holiday for years, sob)

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Will ask around, sure there must be someone! You will just have to leave OH at home!
grin.gif

tinker512

Visit site
Theres a pet hotel with stables etc over yonder on the way to Burnely...no idea how good etc it is...or how far away it is, have no dealings with Chorely and geography is rubbish
blush.gif
!!

tigers_eye

Visit site
Um, it's the kind of thing I do. I know Petsitters advertise in H&H, they might be able to help. Do you not know any convenient people of uni/college age (on hols now) who would be prepared to housesit for a week even if they live quite far away - they'd just stay for the week. They don't need paying much either!

mariond

Visit site
What about a house sitter who is capable of looking after the horses as well. When our neighbours go away they have a house sitter who looks after horses/pets/livestock as well as the house. Though I did laugh when she told me there was only 2 things that she wouldn't look after - children and reptiles ! sounds like they fell into the same category !

matthew

Visit site
I used 2 different places when i went away! the first was a eventers yard who used to instuct me-horse got top class care but as it was a big yard thought it could have been a bit impersonal (and was v pricey! second yard was also an old instructor but she had a very small yard -she was lovely to my horse and i knew he was really well looked after and it was only her that rode him (she was also very cheap) just ask around or go into your local tackshop-they are usually a mountain of gossip and knowledge about who does what!