Holiday livery - something people look for?

LR2904

Visit site
Hi,

Is holiday livery a service people look for or would they rather have the horses cared for at there home?

I am considering options for next year as I currently have the space so would like to do something to help others out if needed.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I know some folk who go on holiday and send their horses for schooling whilst they are away. I have always paid someone to come onto the yard I livery at because otherwise I’m paying for two lots of livery charges...very expensive option...for me.

Auslander

Visit site
I wouldn't have thought you'd get a lot of business for holiday livery, as most people have their horses on livery, and those with horses at home prefer to have their horses looked after at home. Horses, being the daft creatures they are, don't always take well to change, so a few weeks somewhere else wouldn't necessarily be in the horses best interest.
Something else to consider would be biosecurity - lots of short stay customers from multiple locations is a high risk game

Could you offer turn away livery for horses who have been injured and need field time to recover, or retirement livery. These would be more realistic options, based on what I get asked for most often.

Visit site
Hi,

Is holiday livery a service people look for or would they rather have the horses cared for at there home?

I am considering options for next year as I currently have the space so would like to do something to help others out if needed.

Hi, I'm interested to know if you went down this route. I too have a spare stable at home and although i'm not looking for a permanent livery, I would like to help people out with holiday livery, box rest livery or people who are competing nearby and need a couple of nights stabling.