Holidays what do you do?

ibot

Visit site
hey all

so we are in a new year and i am hoping i am lucky enough to go on holiday but not sure what to do about paddy.

so thought i would open the floor and see what you all do when you go on holiday with your four legged friends
grin.gif

Now what did i do with the winning lottery ticket
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Kayfm

Visit site
Cant seem to save any money for a holiday, the horse takes it all. However if i was to go, the girls at the yard would look after him. I am looking after my friends horse for her at the mo, she's gone on a weeks holiday. We always help each other out. At my previous yard i had to pay people, used to cost me a fortune. Money money money or lack of it.

ladyt25

Visit site
My mum looks after them. She does ride mine as well so it's not like she's havingt o do any extra. In summer they're all out 24/7 anyway so it's only a case of checking they're all on 4 legs!

We have had a neighbour check on them daily for us before as it's really very easy. I guess if you horse needs are more than just checking to see it's still alive and water troughs are still working etc then you may need to think about livery or getting a 'horse sitter' in. We actually did do that for a few days over the summer when we wnet to the RC eventing champs. I got in touch with a local horse/dog sitter lady and she checked on the two horses who didn't go. It worked very well and I'd use her again if we needed.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
I'm lucky that my YM will check her for me and a friend checks on my dogs,the cat and the goldfish for me

What you need to do is book a weeks holiday or two and send Paddy down to me
tongue.gif
grin.gif

ibot

Visit site
well dawn i will send paddy down to you he would have a blast!!!

i had paddy on full livery when i was in hospital not well and i came out and his rugs were wrecked and he had no bedding at all my poor boy so i was concerned if i leave him for longer.

having said that i am totally broke and my one chance could be a lotto win so fingers crossed

animals + kids = no money ......... ahhhh now i get it!!!! lol

BackInBlack

Visit site
my next door neighbour looks after mine and i look after hers! it's a great arrangement and no money passes hands so it saves us both a lot of money too!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well dawn i will send paddy down to you he would have a blast!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So when do I expect him?
grin.gif

Can't believe that he was in such a sorry way when you got back to the yard after your hospital stay. I would be talking to the YO/YM about what went wrong and taking it from there
frown.gif

Hippona

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We don't have holidays, we have animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha...ditto.
grin.gif

If we manage to get away for the weekend, YO does them- normally I have them on DIY but I pay extra and she does whatever- I trust her and I know they are in safe hands.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Easy - I don't have holidays. I see my family for 5 days per year. I do my horse before I set off, a friend feeds her for the 4 days I'm away (summer, so she is living out) and I go straight to her on my way back home - the cat has to wait a bit longer!! I wouldn't describe a family visit with 700 miles of driving (at least 14.5 hours) as a holiday either
smile.gif

ibot

Visit site
maybe i am too soon to be asking a question like this. but summer seems so far away........... i remember the sun hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol