Home Checks

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Can any of you lovely people give me some pointers on carrying out a home check for two dogs I’m helping re-home??

Thanks xx

popcorn1

Visit site
When we have had home checks they have not really checked anything!

They basically came round, had a chat with us, met our existing dogs and that was it. I guess some rescues just want to have a feel for the environment. They never checked if our garden was secure or anything.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Well in that case put them in touch with a rescue where they will be guaranteed a proper home otherwise those dogs could come unstuck down the line.

Why dont you contact a rescue, tell them they will be rehomed from their home and will the rescue offer them back up. I did this a few years ago with a Dobe, which I fostered, I contacted the rescue and because the dog was up to date with worming,flea treatment,chipped,vaxed and neutered they sent me an adoption contract and I got his new owners to sign and sent back to the rescue, the rescue also got the rehoming fee. That way the dogs are guaranteed a safety net.

CAYLA

Visit site
What dobiegirl said, ideally if you can get a rescue to allow you to carry out a private rehome with their back up ( that would be good)
I have just offered this for a friend who boards and walks a dog who's owner had passed away.
I gave her contracts and transferred the chip to make it ( non transferable) I did however put it all in her name and told her should the dog need returning she is the back up and I will once again help her to rehome ( this way the dog is safely backed up) and contracted to be returned. I also made her charge and keep the donation fee as I would not assist a free rehome.
Home check in short
Secure garden
Check if owned incase the land lord wont allow pets ( ask for proof if needed)