Homecheck for dog adoption

X Wolf

New User
Visit site
I'm looking ino adopting a small dog from a rescue and wondering about what's required from a homecheck.
I'm a PhD student so will be working from home and taking the dog into the office for a few hours each day and I love going for long walks, so time outside shouldn't be an issue.
I'm looking for a new place to move into soon, would it requirement that I have a garden?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
We gave up for mum with the dog adoption people. She had many rescue dogs but they tightened up on 'rules' and eventually she bought one off Preloved. There have been many others who have not been passed either.

Yes, usually a garden is required, fully fenced to whatever height they stipulate.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Small rescues are definitely the way to go. But I expect (and I suppose obviously) you’ll be required to have a good secure garden. Where abouts are you?

vmac66

Visit site
We have just adopted (not collected yet) a, dog from Help for hope on FB. The dogs, are all from Romania but the adoption process was, very simple.
Home checks will include height of fence, normally 6ft minimum. We have the perfect situation for a dog. Dogs from this country are like gold dust at the moment although I'm sure that will change in a few weeks.
Don't know whereabouts in Wales you are but might be worth you having a look at Many tears rescue.

AFB

Visit site
Yes a garden will be a must, with a secure fence.

I know that rescues need to rehome safely but I think a more sensible approach is required really. A lot of rescues won't rehome to people that work...