Homme House (Ledbury)?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I know this one is a bit of a way off yet (in Aug) but has anyone done the BE90 at Homme House in Herefordshire? What is the course like - suitable as a first 90? If not it will either be Llanymynech or Sapey so just wondering how it might compare. I did a HT over the 90 at Llanymynech last year so I know that's a nice, inviting course. I've no doubts at all about horse's capability to do any 90 as he's brave and honest, but I'd like a nice one for my first time!

Thank you :)

CAH7

Visit site
Haven't been myself, but I'm pretty sure there are course pics on Shoestring Eventing's website. Hope that helps! :)

MegaBeast

Visit site
When I was looking for a suitable first BE90 for my 5 yr old last year I was advised against Homme by some very experienced people. Sapey is a lovely first time event, I actually went there for the pony club BE100 for the aforementioned 5yr old's first event last year as he progressed faster than I dared hope!

avthechav

Visit site
I love homme, I found the sj quite up to height but rode nicely, and thought the Xc course was very well built with a few different things but rode brilliantly. When I did it (a couple of seasons ago to be fair) the only real question was a hedgey thingy then a dog leg to a trailer which were numbered together. My friend did the pn and again I think that there were some questions but the course rode really well.

Megabeast...it's funny how different people see courses differently isn't it, see I find the Xc course at sapey challenging , not so much in terms of the jumps but more in terms of potential nappyness going away, then back, then away again. (The horse I rode round there was a little madam about going away from others and sapey gave me nightmares....having said that i didn't actually have any probs but now and forever more in my mind it is a scary course!)

LittleGreyMare

Visit site
I love Homme! The show jumping was long and reasonably up to height. I thought the cross country was a good first timer course. Only thing I found was the jumps are all quite close together meaning there isn't much just cantering. Lovely setting and lovely atmosphere.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Thanks for the input everyone.

I don't mind a nappy course, as horse isn't nappy thankfully. Once he's on the XC course, he's doing his job as far as he's concerned. Did some UA 80s and a 90 HT last year, and he started out quite nappy but seems to have really grown up now. First outing of the year was SJ which he was a bit spooky about, but been golden since then. He was fine at Stafford BE80 and should have 2 or 3 more 80s under my belt hopefully by Aug time. I'm inclined to go for Sapey though as everyone I've spoken to has said it's a nice 90.