Honest opinions wanted on how this horse looks please?

GSLS

Visit site
I thought it didn't look quite right in its back end walking and it also concerns me that it's been lunged at such a young age but there you go. Not my type of horse but a friend is looking.

This is not an advert and I am in no way connected to whoever bred this horse and don't know the person selling it from Adam it's just I am clueless on the breed/type etc as I buy sport horses so thought I'd ask on here as I was less than helpful when I was asked lol.

Video and advert below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNebvkQnCY

http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/detail/...panish-and-iberian-youngstock-and-foals/60638

Thanks, EMily xx

highlandponygirl

Visit site
Physically she is still very much bum high and has a fair bit of filling out to do in the shoulder but with the right management that usually evens itself out.

Depends really on what your friend is looking but Iberian breeds can generally make good all-round types.

ETA: also agree with the above, concerned with the quite enlarged stomach in the video, scrubbed up well for photo though.

lelly

Visit site
I agree she looks a bit wormy. She's not my type but I like how she floats in her movement. She looks a sweetie and it's nice that she's happy to be messed about with. She looks to be quite laid back and have a nice temperament.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well she's hugely improved since the 'lunging' video - which was clearly several months ago.

And she seems to be a sweetheart......

be positive

Visit site
I would be interested to see a more recent video, that was done in Jan so not at her best, she looks fairly unkempt which in itself is no problem better turned out naturally than wrapped up shut inside all the time, her belly could just be full of hay, she has no topline so along with the rough coat looks fairly normal to me for something coming out of her first winter.
The minimal amount of lunging to show off her trot will have done no harm, her temperament seems nice enough, she moves uphill with plenty of freedom, the colour is not my cup of tea but I think she will be very nice, she cannot be that bad if she has just won at a championship show, I am surprised they have not used photos from the show in the ad as the ones on it are poor to say the least.

TheMule

Visit site
I think she looks like a nicely raised, sensible and well handled young horse. Nothing I saw would concern me

happyclappy

Visit site
She has been well handled and seems to have a nice temperament , I think she has improved by July. You do need to bear in mind she has much maturing to do yet. The lunging was awful, but that is not the fillys fault, although I felt she did not move well, and moves better lose. Age is again relevant there. Personally do not like her face, an think her neck set is poor. Otherwise, quite a nice filly and, of course, it always depends on what she is wanted for. I have little issues with conformation faults if the horse can function in it's desired vocation

CBFan

Visit site
I thought it didn't look quite right in its back end walking and it also concerns me that it's been lunged at such a young age but there you go. Not my type of horse but a friend is looking.

EMily, I echo your concerns. She looks lame in her left hind to me in both videos. Very reluctant / awkward strike off and definite lameness in first few strides at least. I wouldn't touch her I'm afraid. It could just be a growth related issue - locking patella or something but it could be something more sinister and problematic like OCD.

I had doubts over my own gelding's soundness when I viewed him but a more experienced friend said 'I can't see a problem!' .. I have had nothing but problems with the affected limb and one big problem being shivers which is never going to go away. Wish I'd listened to my gut instinct sometimes - no matter how much I love him!

Another friend took me to see a youngster to buy and I could tell that there was a hind limb problem. Turns out it had been operated on for OCD a few months previously . I'm not proclaiming to be an expert but IMO this horse is lame. walk away.

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
I agree with the above two posts. She clearly has a nice temperament and has been well handled, but she doesn't look entirely sound to me - worrying in a 2yo. The lungeing was awful, and she looked stiff in her hinds, especially the off hind. There was an improvement in the July video, but her stride still looks 'choppy' and short. Maybe all of this would improve as she muscles up and fills out, but it's a lot of money for what she is at the moment (in my opinion).

Moomin1

Visit site
God that has got to be one of the ugliest horses I have ever set eyes on. Poor thing!

Ditto the wormy belly. Slightly concerning from a stud.

I think the conformation is poor, and I wouldn't be touching with a barge pole, but then I don't like blue eyed horses, particularly not with pink skin anyway.

Soundness wise, hard to say really without seeing in the flesh.

9tails

Visit site
I think she's an ugly duckling, she may turn into a swan or she may become an ugly duck. Hard to tell, but I wouldn't be keen to see her head over my stable door.

shadowboy

Visit site
I can't see the July vid as it says I have to be on a PC to view but I'm not keen in the winter vid- poor neck and common head- I actually thought she reminded me of a mule! I hate slowed down vids too as they show a false moment of suspension. For £2000 not for me BUT as I say I can't see the July vid

NellRosk

Visit site
i think its something to do with tradition, this won't be completely accurate but, they have their manes and tails completely clipped off as foals then they aren't touched again

It's a tradition with PRE (fillies only I think) to hog them and shave their docks and I think it's to encourage them to grow thick manes and tails... happy to be corrected.

Ahh thanks. It looks awful!!!

_GG_

Visit site
I don't like her. Too many things not quite right to me, looking lame being one, belly being another and generally not doing it for me in conformation and movement.

Bobbly

Visit site
Not for me, poor neck set with that dip in front of the withers, big head (which she may grow in to) not enough bottom for me and close in the hocks, pink skin. We had a saying...'Wouldn't open a bale of hay for that' which is a bit mean given that she's only a baby but she's not my cup of tea and I do like the Iberian horses generally. The belly can be sorted but conformation is set for life.