HONEY PICS!! - can still have the power to make some barf***

debradley

Visit site
Well as you have asked if I can post some more pictures of Honey's progress and I don't seem to be boring you to death. Here they are. I'd love your comments on them - I think they look great.

This is Honey's other back leg. I haven't posted this before, but as you can see it has healed beautifully and hopefully once the hair grows back it will be invisible.

DSC00851.jpg

The next one is her Knee. I'm really pleased with this one and I reckon in about 10 days time it'll be completed closed.

DSC00845.jpg

Next is her Cannon Bone - as you can see it's doing as well as her knee, I reckon they'll heal about the same time.

DSC00847.jpg

This one is her fetlock. As you can see it's not doing much and looks a bit of a mess, but this is the one that is going to have skin grafts. Vets want as much proud flesh as we can get in the next couple of weeks, apparently proud flesh has a really good blood supply which is exactly what the skin grafts need.

DSC00846.jpg

And finally it's her other back leg. I think this one is doing really well. A lot of the swelling has gone down now and it is definately smaller to wash and strip down on a night. I'm hoping that by end of January it will look a bit like the knee and cannon look now.

DSC00849.jpg

Solstar

Visit site
they look so much better!
well done for helping her out so much!
good luck with the skin grafts, at this rate, she'll be as good as new in no time!

Visit site
A big WOW, and a BIG pat on the back you have done fantastic, and well done to honey aswell, she has a great mom

Damien

Visit site
Ditto everyone else, you must be thrilled to see it that way now! That is amazing progress, truly a credit to you! Not sure if the same applies in horses as in people but I have been encouraged to massage my scar with bio oil to help soften and stretch the scar tissue before it gets a chance to harden.

Dolphin

Visit site
Oh wow the difference is amazing! Thank you so much for posting them, and sorry that I upset you with my post yesterday.

My horse injured her tendon for the second time just before Honey had her accident, and I had been feeling a bit down about it all and rather sorry for myself. Reading about what you and Honey have gone through has been inspirational really, it has certainly given me a kick up the backside - dealing with a tendon injury is a walk in the park compared to what you are going through!

So thank you and all the best.

Nari

Visit site
You're amazing! I really don't know how you can cope with treating those, I've followed your threads from the start & I can only say I'm stunned at how well she's healing & full of admiration for you both.

S_N

Visit site
Golly, isn't the body a wonderful thing! Skin is amazing, it really is!! The difference is awesome! I applaud you, I truely do!! She is such a lucky horse to have a dedicated owner like you!!!!

debradley

Visit site
Hi dolphin you didn't really upset me I just got a bit choaked by your kind words which are very much appreciated. I'm sorry to hear your girl injured her tendon, which I'm sure for you means lots of box rest and patience. I think every big injury in horses takes a lot to deal with and tendons are hard as it takes so long to see an improvement. At least mine are visual and I can see the progress.

I hope your girl makes a full recovery.

Nickijem

Visit site
Fantastic!
I too have been following your story. I am so pleased to see how well the wounds are healing. Well done for your patience and dedication to her - she is one very lucky horse to have such a caring mum!

D

Donkeymad

Wow, they really are healing well, still a way to go, but looking extremely good. You have done so well with her, you both deserve a pat on the back - and lots more!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Absolutely amazing!! You must be so pleased with the results of your hard work. Well done and thanks for showing the update. Onwards and upwards from now on.
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
They have improved so much, you must be very pleased. Would just like to echo what others have said about your dedication, I'm sure a less caring owner would have given up on Honey.

vicm2509

Visit site
Sorry I have not been following your posts but was this the Mare that had the accident with the cattle grid a while ago?

If it was the I cannot believe how well those wounds have healed and I am so please that shes doing well. You must have put so much into making her well again. I remember being in tears reading the original post on Honey. Well done you
grin.gif

Sorry if I have got you mixed up with someone else.

foxviewstud

www.foxviewstud.co.uk
they are ssoo much better than the last pics i saw, that is one lucky horse to have as patient an owner as you have been, has your vet given you any intricit to put into the wounds???we were given this when my youngster sliced his face to the bone, its great stuff as it draws out all the nasty stuff and protects the flesh, his face healed within 5wks which gobsmacked the vet as she said it would take 6wks to even begin to heal, we also gave him silcia tabs which are herbal so dont affect any meds already given, i could not believe the improvement they made to him there is not even any scar, so would highly recommend it to help with the last few wounds. well done to you.

debradley

Visit site
Hi there. Well whoever, gave me the little gem on bio-oil thank you very much - got some today; just made so much sense I've used this before on scars of my own and had never given it a thought. Honey seemed to really like having it massaged in tonight and she smells lovely, it was like aromatherapy. Oh and my hands feel wonderful (they're looking a bit of a sight at the moment having to be plunged into really cold saline every night!).

VICM2509 - yep this is the girlie that went thru the cattle grid (twice) she's doing really well and will make a full recovery, as long as we don't get any stupid infections or anything before they close. So I'm hoping by summer of next year I'll be belting around the Malverns with a big grin on my face!

Brightinsel - I love your sense of humour. I won't know what to do with myself soon! Already thinking of starting the knitting of leg warmers for her ready for Christmas - she's a bit short on hair in the leg department! Ideas on colours would be great and if anyone can design a suspender belt for a horse to hold them up that would be great!!!!

Foxview Stud nothing is going on the wounds now as per vet instruction. All I do is saline wash them every night and I have to strip the big one on her left hind back at the same time. I do put a bit of aloe vera on this which is helping to keep the edges nicely moisturised. But as above I got some bio-oil today to massage into the ones that are closing nicely (like the knee and cannon) and a few others and she seemed to really like that.

Thanks all. Vet out again tomorrow to prepare the fetlock ready for the grafts. Gulp. I'll let you know how they go.

kim23

Visit site
hey,
ive been looking at your posts and seeing how well she's recovering... just to let you know i think your amazing, what a great mum!!! i dont think i could be strong enough to deal with those injuries... your soooo brave!!

p.s. also ive tryed looking for your first post to see what had happened to her to gain such bad injuries but no luck, is it possible to know what had happened to her... understand if its too upsetting. thanks!!

cas84

Visit site
Thank you so much for posting. i have been following your story and you are doing a great job looking after her. hope everything goes well and please keep us updated
smile.gif