Honourable Job

Nigel

Visit site
Hi All,

During the FMD outbreak some of our huntsman did an honourable job as Slaughter men for the Government no doubt hoping it would help our cause. Anyone care to speculate on how the opponents of hunting may of helped the Government out?

Cheers

Nigel

Clodagh

Visit site
Wads of money perhaps? Proper heartbreaking labour probably not their forte. (The sabs that follow us don't look that employable, so assume they don't work too hard. Also, they are always free on Wednesdays. :cool:

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
I somehow don't think that hunting can take the blame for Foot & Mouth. The outbreak started on Bobby Waugh's farm. Having seen the images, which were truly disgusting it is clear there was a failure at the highest level. No less than 3 ministry inspections of the farm, failed to spot what was blatantly wrong - sows lying in puddles of standing water; farm muck heaps with takeaway waste on them and the dogs chewing at bits of carcass.

And the role of hunting?

Hunting was ceased and remained ceased until official permission of routes to be taken were filled in and approved. So we can't even have the blame of spreading it laid on our shoulders.

Many hunt servants did an exemplary job during this crisis, they didn't have to go to the aid of an organisation who was intent on banning them, I resent your implications that this in some way makes them people who get a kick from killing or that we were in any shape or form responsible for the whole sorry mess.

Nigel

Visit site
Hi Claire,

Of course you are correct, Sabbers narrow minded blinkered view is now for all to see. Chuckle

Can you speculate on how the opponents of hunting may of helped the Government out?

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel

Visit site
Hi Sabber,

“Sabbers narrow minded blinkered view is now for all to see. Chuckle”

Cheers mate, please carry on.

Nigel

Nigel

Visit site
Hi Sabber,

As I said,

“Sabbers narrow minded blinkered view is now for all to see. Chuckle”

Cheers mate, please carry on.

Nigel

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
some hunters get a kick out of killing animals , no doubt

they must have loved the extra killing

No one rural could love killing sheep after sheep, cow after cow - lambs and calves barely weeks old already dying but not even sick.

No, only one person was responsible for that, and he ran Maff.

jerryboy

Visit site
Was it not the NFU who refused to go down the innoculation route thus ensuring there was no alternative to the mass slaughter?

I also vividly remember a local farmer on TV who could barely contain his glee when his cattle were destroyed as he could no longer look after them when they were taken in. You could almost see the £ signs in his eyes. He was also the local terrierman. Compassionate man my a**e.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
There was no communication between sides.

Innoculation would have ruined the countries FMD free status as the vaccinated animals would still be 'infected' par se, ruining any overseas market.

But, as killing all the animals anyway, wiping out any potential for an overseas market, and then letting labour spend the next 5 years ruining what was left, it was a case of the lesser of two evils...

NFU honestly believed we could come through FMD, Maff cocked up so bad that we couldn't.

And you'll never see a farmer with £ signs in his eyes. Those that are still going are either bloody stubborn or actually enjoy what they do...

After all, if all the farmers wanted was compensation, why did so many kill themselves once their stock was dead?

Fairynuff

Visit site
Sabber, some advice from an anti-why dont you just drift off into the moonlight? You are doing no one any favours with your observations (!). Although Im against hunting for sport I know that the hunt staff who went to shoot sheep and cattle DIDNT do it for enjoyment plus they were a DAMN sight more prof than the army and co. Please get your brain in gear before mouthing off your gob. Breath deeply and THINK before crapping your knickers-is it productive? Sorry, Mairi. :crazy: