Hoof boot help for wide feet

Visit site
I'm considering removing my pony's shoes but he would probably need hoot boots to do the amount of work I'm planning for him. The problem is that his feet are wider than they are long. From some quick research this looks like it might make hoof boots that fit difficult to find. Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations please? His feet aren't flared, that's just the shape they are.

I would be riding through mud and cantering etc so would need to have traction and stay on.

Thanks

Last edited:

Kikke

Visit site
Not all horses need boots just because of the amount of work you expect. My mare is in hard work and never needed boot, happy on any surface. Clever hoofs grow more when required as work stimulates growth.

But to answer your question I know renegades come in wide. Used them in my okd mare as she needed them on flinty surfaces. Loved them. easy to put in and take off. Lasted a long time and never, rubbed, moved or came off. Oh and no slipping on any surface at any speed. Could never buy anything else if I needed boots again.

Have a word with Liz at the hoofbootique, she is brilliant and will advise best what would be most appropriate for your horses feet.

Good luck.

paddy555

Visit site
I'm considering removing my pony's shoes but he would probably need hoot boots to do the amount of work I'm planning for him. The problem is that his feet are wider than they are long. From some quick research this looks like it might make hoof boots that fit difficult to find. Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations please? His feet aren't flared, that's just the shape they are.

I would be riding through mud and cantering etc so would need to have traction and stay on.

Thanks

for what you want I would think gloves in the wide fitting would probably work best.

ann-jen

Visit site
Dee has wider than long feet and after discussion with the very helpful lady at the hoof boutique we narrowed it down to either renegades or cavallo simples, but I was advised to go for the cavallos because they give a little more leeway for the feet changing in size (dee's have got bigger following removing her shoes) whereas the renegades are less forgiving. If you measure her feet and send the dimensions to the website I'm sure the lady would be able to advise you, I found her extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
www.hoofbootique.co.uk/
Edited to add I don't need them for roadwork or on grass/mud, only if I'm going somewhere particularly stony or I feel she needs any additional protection for one reason or another

Last edited: