Hoof boots - anyone tried Swiss Galopper?

paddy555

Visit site
haven't tried the galoppers but I use the scoots. Wouldn't want to use anything else. Best grip, easy to put on, very easy to wash and £60 cheaper. I didn't find the scoot fit kit any good. I think you need the front straps on to see if they fit.
With the scoots you need 2 or 3 sizes to try to get the best fit.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I've got Scoot boots and have no complaints. Simple to put on and take off, and a blast with the hose cleans them. The others I don't know. I only took off the hind shoes six weeks ago but have been happy with it all (boots and no boots) so far.

katymay

Visit site
I’ve had both, since getting the galoppers I’ve sold the scoots! They seem a much better fit as you can adjust the Velcro so it fits snuggly where as the scoots are more rigid in fit, haven’t done any fast work in them yet but so far very impressed!

Kat

Visit site
I like the look of those much more than the scoots. I had pretty much decided that when I get a new pair I would get Renegades but I think these look nice and will definitely look at them.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Thanks all, I measured up hooves yesterday and am going to order the Galoppers on trial. I'll let you know how they work out! I much prefer they way they look to the Scoots as well.

paddy555

Visit site
I went from renegades to scoots. No more velcro to fasten and clean or to push through the black keepers. Bliss. I sometimes use my old renegades to wear them out. They seem so old fashioned now.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Bumping this up with an 'ending' of sorts in case anyone comes across the thread while searching :).

Horse ended up with size 6 Galoppers, she's right at the top end of the width (135mm) and actually a bit below the minimum length (should be 134mm, she's 130mm). These measurements were taken just after a trim but through the 6 weeks her feet don't tend to get any wider so should be OK.

Initial thoughts: the boots are mega easy to put on and take off, I've got a bad back that means I can't bend down or be wrestling with feet and these are fine. They take about 5 seconds to put on and take off which is much quicker than the Scoots I tried. I'm not riding at the moment due to the aforementioned bad back but lunged in the horse in all paces for about 20 minutes. The boots didn't move an inch and horse was moving nicely :). I walked her in hand up the stone track from the yard and she's 100% sound and comfortable. For the moment I'm very happy with them but the real test will be when I'm back riding regularly and covering longer distances.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Thanks for the update DF, I noticed the other day that DP has worn through the toes on his hind boots and he definitely needs new fronts and I keep looking at the Gallopers but was worried about changing as he is so happy in the Renegades. I will measure him up after the next trim in March and if he is in the size range will order a full set. The only thing about the Renegades I don't like is that they are a bit fiddly and can twist if it's very muddy in winter but are fab in summer.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Thanks for the update - these are pretty much the only thing I'd consider upgrading my renegades to. I'm not a fan of scoots at all.

Andalucian

Visit site
I've recently been using a Galopper fit kit for a client's horse and I was very impressed with the design and material. I'm going to buy some when I next need some.

The Scoot Boot looks cute and light, but I don't like the limited fit and lack of adjustment and I think the heel bulb "cage" is too rigid and causes rubs, sores.

So far I've owned:-

Boa
Horsemocs (made to measure transition boots)
Marquis Boots
Easyboot Gloves
Old Mac G2
Floating Boots

I've avoided many due to their huge physical size and clumpyness. Scoots a lot of my clients opted for against my advice and found they rubbed or had a habit of flying off never to be found again!!

Old Mac G2 are my "go to, never let me down and flexible fit boot" but they are a bit clumpy.

Floating Boots are neat, light and flexible, but you need good dexterity to put them on and off.

I'm hoping the Swiss Galopper might actually be the combination of these two and my ultimate choice....I've always said that the perfect hoof boot hasn't been designed yet.....

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
thanks for the info-I do like the look of them. I'm not sold on the scoots -pony hasn't shown any sign of needing any yet thankfully but if he does I'll be trying the gallopers or evos.