Hoof boots help pleeeease

chaps89

Visit site
I had a barefoot trimmer out last week.
She suggested a bucket style boot for rehab with 12mm green padding for a brick shaped foot and based on sizes the suggestions she made were old mac g2s, New Mac or easycare trails.
So I contacted urban hoof to ask if they had a suggestion from the 3 and they've come back and said they don't think any will suit but to try fusion trekking slim boots.
I've heard it's difficult to return them for a refund but with trial fees at £50ish a time I feel like this could get expensive.
How the heck do you decide?!

Reri1826

Visit site
Did you send measurements to urban hoof? Hoof boutique might be worth a go too.

I like a boa boot for these sort of thing as they are the least faff. They don’t need to be the greatest fitting, and you need to leave room for the pad, which will then squash down.

Best tip for the pads- If you have an old microwave (or a forgiving other half!) microwaving the pads on top of a mug of water steams them and allows them to reform without having to soak them in hot water and wait for them to dry out.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Dominique36

New User
Visit site
Older design but I found the fusions were quite forgiving with fit and came up big.

My general suggestion is the facebook groups for buying and selling hoof boots. If they don't fit you can sell them on and hopefully not lose much beyond some postage. You can get older ones that are a bit tatty and if they fit and you really like them buy new.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=hoof boots for barefoot horses uk
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=hoof boots for sale or exchange uk

I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

My Indigo Card

Andalucian

Visit site
I've yet to meet a foot that doesn't fit an Old Mac G2, they're so very flexible in their fit. Excellent entry boot as your hoof trimmer advised.