Hoof boots

Tempi

Visit site
Firstly please be gentle with me, I don't venture in NL very much!

Need some hoof boots for mare with big round feet. So far only found two that go big enough!!

So have a choice of the easy boot epics - really look the look of these but they look quite hard to put on and off?? -can anyone advise on this?

And the old mac g2s - which look ok although in worried about rubbing (I know you can get gaiters for them to prevent this though).

Thoughts please on these two boots?

Like I said I can't find any others that go large enough for her (6.5 long and just over 6 wide) and I don't have a fortune to spend either.

Thanx in advance :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Can't comment on the boots you mentained but although I thought I would never get used to putting them on at first now it's no more hassle than getting a brushing boot on right .
I used to knock mine on with a little rubber hammer but now have taught my boy to stamp them on the ground to get them bedded in before I fasten them.

Ali2

Visit site
My big fella has G2s in front when he's bare. They work fine for us, not pretty but they do the job. Never had one come loose or twist and they've been fine in all conditions except deep mud but then nothings much cop in deep mud! The new style gaiters are great - stay solidly put cos they're held in place by the foot - we've never had a rub. :)

HTH

ETA: Nothing to do with me but just done a quick eBay search and there's this pair of size 10s on auction - way cheaper than buying brand new if your budgets limited :) Prices seem to have shot up!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/easy-boot...t=UK_Horse_Wear_Equipment&hash=item4ab9184b67

Last edited:

Tempi

Visit site
Can't comment on the boots you mentained but although I thought I would never get used to putting them on at first now it's no more hassle than getting a brushing boot on right .
I used to knock mine on with a little rubber hammer but now have taught my boy to stamp them on the ground to get them bedded in before I fasten them.

Thank you, thats really helpful. I guess its the same with anything and once you get used to doing it it becomes habit.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have G2's for my guys as well, and the gaiters and find them great for missing shoes on the TB and for transitioning when i take my guys shoes off for hacking etc. When my old horses comes back from loan with his shoes off he will have them on if he needs them :)

Great long lasting boots :D