Hoof boots

RhossT

Visit site
Can anyone suggest hoof boots for a small pony which are not completely impossible to put on if you have arthritic fingers? Farrier is adamant he won't shoe until all traces of laminitic damage is gone.

RhossT

Visit site
What are Cavallos like if you go through mud or water? Current boots are more like sandals, if you know what I mean, very open apart from under the foot.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
What are Cavallos like if you go through mud or water? Current boots are more like sandals, if you know what I mean, very open apart from under the foot.
They are pretty much fully enclosed apart from slits at the sides.

They do up with a strap across the front which velcro really easy to put on and do up.

Melody Grey

Visit site
I use both cavallos and scoots (with hoofpick!) and don’t find either fiddly. There’s a bit of a knack to them, but you’ll soon get it. I find picking out the foot and having the boot to hand immediately to put on helps rather than pick out feet and then boot if that makes sense?

Melody Grey

Visit site
Sometimes outer straps come undone on cavallos when going through water, especially if you don’t keep the Velcro clean. The interior overlap of the boot is a whole wall of Velcro though so still stuck solid even if the outer straps come undone.

RhossT

Visit site
I use both cavallos and scoots (with hoofpick!) and don’t find either fiddly. There’s a bit of a knack to them, but you’ll soon get it. I find picking out the foot and having the boot to hand immediately to put on helps rather than pick out feet and then boot if that makes sense?

No, it isn't the knack - simply uncooperative hands! Pony is totally cooperative!

Widgeon

Visit site
Easy Boot Gloves also look good - they're another one that's velcro fastening but a neater profile than Cavallos.

(I can't help much I'm afraid, I use Scoots! But Easy Boot Gloves were one of my options)

FFAQ

Visit site
Flex boots fasten in a similar way to easy boot gloves I believe. You could have a gander at the hoof bootique website to check out how the various boots fasten. Depending on your budget, renegades might be worth looking at too?