hoovers for dog hair....gtech air ram k9

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
has anyone used the above? i have a very old meile dog and cat hoover and although it is still working i think it is nearing the end:(:( have had a leaflet through about the gtech with an offer valid till october and it looks like it might do the job, but dont want to buy without hearing if any dog owners have used it and are happy. thanks all

peanut

Visit site
I'm always interested in hoovers as I have long haired cats and their hair is a nightmare.

I currently have a Vax which is pretty useless. I've heard Shark are good but exorbitantly expensive!

Coblover63

Visit site
I have a Henry and recently bought the "Pet Pack". The rotating brush head is AMAZING for effortlessly clearing my black lab's seems-to-be-permanently shedding cost from my beige carpet. I wish I'd known about it years ago!!

{97702}

Visit site
Hmmm I have an ageing Dyson DC07 which really needs replacing..... why, when I have ONE black dog and THREE brown ones is my house full of black dog hairs??!!!

I shall follow this thread closely ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We have recently bought a VAX cordless with a pet hair tool and really like it. It replaces a Dyson upright, which I inherited, along with a 2nd Dyson. The Dysons have both been a complete nuisance, needing to be dismantled with every use because they can't cope with dog hair.

Last edited:

Parrotperson

Visit site
as to the gtech we have one at work. its Fien for a small flat but the trouble with it is the tiny dust bin. They have two labs so you can imagine how often they have to empty the bloody thing!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
In terms of getting the hairs up it is the brushbar floor head or brushbar attachment (sometimes called a turbo tool or pet tool), that does the work. And then the design of the rest of the machine that makes a difference to how easily it clogs etc.

If you are used to a bagged vacuum (miele) then you will probably find a bagless a bit irritating to start with where pet hair is concerned. They clog (some dramatically worse than others), whereas bags just lose suction gradually rather than clogging. If you have a lot of hair or leave it a long time between cleans then you are probably better with a bag (e.g. a henry with a turbo/pet tool), whereas if you vacuum regularly and like to keep on top of it then you will probably get on well with a bagless (e.g. shark).

magicmoments

Visit site
I'm a cleaner and really rate shark. Miele's are very good, but our upright is very heavy. I don't think they do uprights any more and I don't think cylinders are as good, honestly. Some vax's are good, some are crap. First used a shark at a customers. We then bought one even though I prefer bagged. It's easy to separate parts so that you can vacuum the stairs/car. Great with pet hair. Only downside is the cord could be longer. Our shark is nz801ukt40, but my customer's is the previous model I think. I always check 'which' for their reviews as they are unbiased. You can often sign up for a £1, if you remember to cancel before the normal monthly amount kicks in.