(Hopefully) quick joint supplement question

Inda

Visit site
I like arthriaid for my old guys. You can get it as A liquid which is awesome as Gin is on so many tablets I feel guilty adding more in.

however I have been toying with dasuquin as it has hyluronic acid in it which increases synovial fluid. I’m debating starting my horse on one too.

Clodagh

Visit site
Just realised there's an actual dog section on the Betta Life website ???‍♀️ It says the dosage based on a 30g dog for their dog products - 3g per day, so the equine version must be more concentrated for giving to bigger animals but 1kg costs the same for dogs as it does horses...

ETA: I've worked out it's the same product, they just say 3g for a 30kg dog, whereas I worked 0.6g per day, based on the 500kg horse dosage. Either way, it's cheaper than Yumove.

I'll stop rabbiting on now - I'm just posting my workings out/findings out in case anyone is following my dodgy maths! ?
Have you tried it?

Kat_Bath

Visit site
Have you tried it?

Only just starting it now as had a whole box of Yumove to use up. I did speak to Betta Life by email though, to check the amount as their dog bit says 3g a day. They said you can give up to 9g a day, which seems a lot!

Will let you know if I notice any significant changes in either of them! Harvey has been on joint supps for a while though and Buddy is not so bad - it might make him even faster!

Not sure it's the most palatable thing - currently mixing in with a bit of soaked food and having to make sure Bud eats it. Harvey literally eats anything so he's not a worry!

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I have been thinking of changing my elderly greyhound off YuMove Plus onto something else, however he needs tablets as he can miss up to three meals in a row when he is feeling sore. He is on Previcox from the vet but can still be really ouchy some days.

So who has worked out what are the best supplements in tablet form?

Clodagh

Visit site
Brandy has synoquin with her previcox, all from the vet. It’s a capsule. Would that work? You can sprinkle the contents on food or they can eat the capsule.
I just put T on it as ran out of other stuff (yumove) and wow what a difference, she’s a new dog.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Have I been wasting my money on Youmove? Mine are on the plus- I have just had a delivery (I buy it on subscription - much cheaper). I have also started with their vits/mins.

Now wondering whether to try something else, having read this thread.....

some show

Visit site
@Kat_Bath Did you try the Bettalife equine version in the end? How have you got on with it?

I've been looking at the Riaflex equine version as it's £45 for 700g as opposed to £48 for 400g of the canine version! As far as I can see the ingredients/quantities are exactly the same except the dog version has Vitamin E added to it.

Birker2020

Visit site
I think we get to a point where we darent stop using supplements. I’m there already with Meg and she’s only three!
I agree. I felt like I couldn't take Bails off the pink powder because it was to help prevent colic. The Magic defininately worked a treat, she came off it twice and each time reverted to her pre behaviour. And the joint supplement I was too scared to take her off in case she went lame.

In the end I went with the Magic and the Pink Powder as I felt these were most beneficial to her.

some show

Visit site
@Kat_Bath Did you try the Bettalife equine version in the end? How have you got on with it?

I've been looking at the Riaflex equine version as it's £45 for 700g as opposed to £48 for 400g of the canine version! As far as I can see the ingredients/quantities are exactly the same except the dog version has Vitamin E added to it.

Actually, scrap what I said, the equine has a much higher dose of manganese in it.