Hores Rugs 4U Problems?

Limit

Visit site
Hi,

Has any one had any problems getting their delivery from this company? I have paid for my rug, but after contacting them twice now , feel I am getting fobbed off.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
They are a dreadful company! I would never ever use them again.

Talking from experience here, the only way to get your money is to contact Trading Standards then tell Horserugs4u that you've done this. TS will give you advice about how to get your money back. Be prepared for abuse from the MD of Horserugs4u, that's what happened to me when I waited 2 months for a delivery which never came. I eventually got a refund but it isn't easy to get it.

hellybelly6

Visit site
I had a similar problem. They kept saying the rug would be sent and after 4 months, I had enough. I told them I went to Citizens' Advice which I did and that they were advising me on taking further action and I insisted I had my money back ASAP or the further action would be taken. (£80 is a lot of money). They did eventually pay up within the time I had specified. Do not let them fob you off and demaned you get your money back. I am sure this is also stated in their terms and conditions as well. I will never use them again.

Achinghips

Visit site
Hmm... didn't the name give it away that this company wouldn't be the best?
Hope you get it sorted, been scammed myself in the past. Not nice.

Dartmore

Visit site
Hi, I had problems with this company. They were very difficult to get hold of on the phone. I held for up to 40 minutes in order to speak to someone. Numerous calls and emails, still no rug. In the end I cancelled the order and did eventually get my money back.
When I searched the internet I found loads of similar experiences on forums like this and I wished I'd checked them out before ordering. Good luck.

Limit

Visit site
Thanks for all your comments, Rotchana, point taken !! I hardly ever buy any thing for my horses on line , but my tack shop would have had to order five foal rugs.

I have spoken to my debit card provider, and they are going to try to get the money back for me ( I hope ).

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Bargepole!!!!! Ordered a couple of rugs off them a year or 2 ago. Rugs didn't arrive. Didn't answer pjones. Message box full. Finally managed to speak with the MD who carefully explained that they don't actually hold any stock. They advertise stuff, wait to see what the response is, THEN go looking for bulk order discounts. He promised to return my money but didn't. Only threats of police, Trading Standards, credit card company investigation, press, Watchdog, you name it finally got it returned to me. If everyone bears in mind that if something looks too good to be true, it usually IS.

bensonthewonderhorse

Visit site
Same problems for me too, I order and payed for two rugs that were "in stock" only to not receive them a month later! Although I have to say I didn't have too much trouble getting my money back from them but they still had £100 of mine for nearly two months!

Needless to say I haven't dealt with them again!

L&M

Visit site
I can't believe they are still in business!! Had the same problem 3 yrs ago and also had to threaten with trading standards to get money back when rugs never appeared....

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I had awful problems with this company last year. They actually delivered one rug but the other never turned up (so i suppose i did better than some of you).

I ended up having to get very nasty & eventually i got my money back for the non delivered rug but it did take 3 months & god knows how many phone calls. They dont deserve to be in business & we should show Trading standards all the posts.

Limit

Visit site
Finally, recieved my foal rug today,(only just fits now) After reading all your comments it made me even more determined to get what I had paid for. Don't let go, above all,let them know in a clear, calm and concise manner what action you will be taking if the goods are not delvered. In my case, yet again,got the a/p, I left a message to say if no one had contacted me by 5pm that day I would be contacting t/s, and that I had also contacted my debit card provider. I had a phone call at 4.50pm to say my rug would be with me in a couple of days.
Good luck to any one in a similar situation, and thanks again for all your comments.

candle515

Visit site
Definitely stay away from them - I have never used but heard horror stories from people who have.

Who does everyone use / recommend at the moment?

I always used to use Derby House but have recently started using Equestrian Outfitters UK and have had a great service so far (and came packed up really nicely which shouldn't sway me but it does!!) :p

odd1

Visit site
i have tried to use them in the past, order on line says rug in stock so expect to get it in a week or so, 3 months later no rug, eventually got hold of them and i got my money back never used them again

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site
We ordered a rug on 7th November and were told that due to high demand it would not be delivered for 10 days. After two and a half weeks it still hadn't arrived so we phoned, to be promised it would be here last week - Friday at the very latest. It didn't turn up, I can't get through to them as you just get put on hold when you phone up. I left a message for them to phone me back but, surprise, surprise they haven't got back to me. I will be demanding money back and going elsewhere. Very unhappy as its been the coldest weather ever and the poor horse is having to make do with a shabby, torn, broken rug :-(

Limit

Visit site
Dear starcatcherwilliam,

Did you see this post before you ordered your rug? I had no idea there were issues with this company before I ordered my foal rug and was so glad I asked for information on this forum. As a result, it made me take action to get what I had paid for even if the foal had outgrown the rug by the time it arrived!!

Once bitten, good luck

Britestar

Visit site
I ended up contacting my CC company, and they refunded me the money and reclaimed it from the Company. You only have a limited time to do this, and I just got in in time. I chuckle to myself cos they still send me catalogue thru the post!

haras

Visit site
I placed my order almost 5 years ago and am still waiting....

Unfortunately, at the same time my dad was dying, so I never got round to chasing them for my money back. Would not user them again or recommend to my worst enermy.

ballvicki

Visit site
This is why the internet is great - companies that offer bad service no longer have anywhere to hide. As far as they are concerned this post is a complete PR disaster and it serves them right! Have also had bad experiences with them.

monikirk

Visit site
I ordered a rug from them costing £135. After taking 3 wks with promises that it will be sent as soon as their stock is replenished I cancelled the order. They promised to refund but nothing happened. :mad: Even when I rang and eventually got through I would be told it was being dealt with. I called mastercard and they dealt with everything and I got a full refund.:D

I now use Hope Valley Saddlery after purchasing from them at Your Horse Live. They have very competitive prices if you want to purchase Amigo rugs.:)

[59668]

Visit site
Same thing here. Waited and waited, cancelled the order, waited for a refund, spoke to TS, got advise from mu OH (trainee solicitor) and told them that, then waited again, and finally got my money back.

pipsqueek

Visit site
Avoid at all costs, ordered 2 rugs, had not arrived 2 months on, no reply to emails or phone calls, fortunately ordered on c.card & they gave me refund. Stay Well Away!

mymare

Visit site
i used them last year and had no problems at all, however reading all our posts i may consider not using this year x

Same here. I stupidly ordered the a 6' instead of a 6'3", so had to phone and change it. My cal was dealt with straight away and they sent out the rug as soon as I'd returned the first one. I found them fine to deal with but think will avoid after reading all these comments.

badgerdog

Visit site
I've ordered quite a few rugs off them over the years and haven't had any problems. They've took there time delivering sometimes but I've always ended up with what I'd ordered. I didn't realise they had such a bad reputation.

nicky_jakey

Visit site
I've just had 2 rugs delivered that I bought in their January Sale - luckily I've had no probs whatsoever....but think I've been lucky!
I ordered a Weatherbeeta heavyweight stable rug & a Kingshead 200g stable rug. Both were 1/2 price so cost me £50 incl delivery. These were in the popular 6'3 / 6'6 sizes, so I was very pleased.
They could've been better with communication & let me know when they were dispatched - but that's my only 'complaint'.
I've also had really good service from Derby House - another that many people have probs with on here. Back in the summer, part of my order was a fly repellant - this broke in transit. I phoned Derby House & they simply sent another - so very impressed with this service!
I guess it's just luck of the draw...but just thought I'd share my good experiences.