Horrid no more Herbie. A little update with a video.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Havn't been around much lately so thought i'd give a quick update.
Not realy been doing much since the dressage just been letting Herbs chill out abit. On Tue I took him on a long hack. We where out for over 2 hours :eek: We used to be out that long but we spent most of the time standing still :rolleyes: :p. Tue was compleatly diffrent and we had a lovely hack on the forest. Trotting and cantering all over the place and as usual Herbs was admired by all we met :D I gave him yesterday off so he could have a little rest and today was going to school him. I desided it was to hot to ride so had a little play in the school instead. I'm so glad I had my camera out.

[youtube]bFxUNgKDCR4[/youtube]

He's becoming such a sweet pony who loves his mummy very much.

Thankyou to all those who supported me through the tough times. I'm so glad I didn't give up on this little man. xx

(all those who wondered the other week why some people struggle with naughty horses when there are so many good ones out there, this is why I do it, It felt amazing today to have him follow me like that and to be able to ride him bareback :D I can't believe how far he's come already. All the battels, tears, cuts and bruses were all worth it he's going to be such a sweet little pony and he's all mine :p :D )

Thanks for looking :D

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks guys.

pastie2 that dog is mad. He runs around all day long :p :D and thankyou my bond with this little guy is getting stronger all the time. I can't believe how diffrent he is now to when I took him on. Nasty, agressive and incapeable of love :( So many people told me to just give up on him but just look at him now :D (Sorry I made you wellup :eek: )

muddygreymare

Visit site
That was lovely! You know how much I admire Herbs, but that was really lovely, my mare does that with me too. Its so nice to know all the work you've put in is really worth it. You have such a great bond and it really shows, you've done wonders with him, well done :)

Spudlet

Visit site
Naaw that was lovely:D

Have you ever thought about doing this for a living - turning horses around? Doing rehab work for an equine charity, maybe? Just a thought!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks guys.

JenHunt I can't believe how much I trust Herbs jumping. We jump all the time out hacking (some quite big stuff for me) and I felt safe jumping him bareback today. I know it wasn't big compared to what most people jump but it was a big step forward for me :D Herbs has helped me as much as i've helped him :D

team barney are school is rediculasly huge it's 60 x 40 ish brill for jumping and hooning around :p a bit tough to practice dressage in though :eek:

Thankyou appylass I can't believe how far he's come, he's such a diffrent pony now. He gets cross if I don't ride him esp if he sees me taking merryn out he marches up and down the fence line and stamps his feet :rolleyes: :p :D

muddygreymare theres something special about this pony. I'm so glad he's proving all the doughters wrong. :D

Spudlet thankyou :eek: That would be an amazing job. The only trouble is I would prob want to keep them all :rolleyes: I origonaly bought Lucy to sell and I think everyone elses idea was I could sell Herbs once he'd turned round and then I could get a real pony ;) :p :D :D

Ommadawn

Visit site
That was lovely Laura - I love seeing Herbie updates and this one was brill. Great to see him following you so closely - what a lovely reward for all your hard work. I don't think you could get a much more 'real' pony than Herbie - well done!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
LOL :p :D Thanks.

I've always wanted a connie I think they all thought I could sell the weaner forester and buy a nice connie. But Herbs isn't going anywhere. He's the best pony alive (even if I do say so myself ;) :D ) Think they're all anoyed now cos they told me he would never be any good and I should just take him to the forest sales and hope the meat man bought him :( But I refused to give up and i'm so glad I did :D

Spudlet

Visit site
lol, I think keeping at least one is expected;)

I am serious though, it's something to consider I think:) I remember you saying Lucy wasn't always the easiest pony ever, I think you have a knack for it.

MochaDun

Visit site
Fantastic, lovely to watch :) Good partnership. If I do that with mine I reckon he'd head straight for the edge of the school and the bramble leaves :D

babymare

Visit site
sweetheart big big hugs to you amazing feeling and it never leaves you trust me - beautiful video happy pony and brilliant owner - keep in there girl - it gets better trust me :) Hugs to you both xxxxxxx

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks guys :D

Rachiie thankyou trouble is Herbs knows how gorgous he is :rolleyes:

brighteyes we are having such fun. He loves coming into work and if I give him a day off I realy miss riding him. :eek:

babymare I know what you mean. I never thought I'd have this again with a pony after loosing Lucy :( But Herbs has realy helped me through all that and together we are coming out the other side. :)

Dollysox

Visit site
I missed this first time round, Laura, but stumbled across it today. What a lovely video and what a super pony you have found under all the problems.

Well done you!