Horrid thing to happen on a beach ride

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
I think the answer for the general population is quite simple, ban horses from beaches .......there are many more dog walkers than riders and if the riders complain then that is probably what will happen. I'm sure there are many people on the beach with small children or dogs that feel horses have no right being there anyway. Not saying I agree with that but I'm sure the majority would.

This is the danger, sadly.

There's a wonderfully enlightened comment on that article from someone saying 'ban horses from beaches, the riders don't pick up their poo and there are plenty of fields to ride in here'. Argh!

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I think the answer for the general population is quite simple, ban horses from beaches .......there are many more dog walkers than riders and if the riders complain then that is probably what will happen. I'm sure there are many people on the beach with small children or dogs that feel horses have no right being there anyway. Not saying I agree with that but I'm sure the majority would.

I don't think that is morally fair or the answer

There are dog friendly beaches so maybe allow horses only on the beach between certain hours. Why should horses riders be restricted of having a lovely day on the beach and sea because dog owners cannot control their dogs, share and share alike.

I have been on the beach and it was amazing to swim with my mare, and it would be unfair not to be allowed to do this

Cecile

Visit site
Dog destroyed, owner being sentenced in May + 5 year ban on dog ownership + costs
Shetland recovering
Its all so easy to avoid this situation just put dogs on a lead and stop pretending FODO is so well trained and has recall of a saint and then everyone would of probably had an enjoyable day on the beach

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news...ustice-dog-owner-sentenced-pony-attack-621271

In our area another farmer has just had 26 lambs killed by a dog, Jeez it makes me want to spit nails, its not the dogs fault its the dog owners fault they are one sandwich short of a picnic!

Emily Blunt

New User
Visit site
We frequently get pursued by puppies that toss a hard of hearing ear to their proprietor, possibly not to this degree, but rather still, an integral part of riding on an open shoreline.