Horrific Horse Abuse

speedbird

Visit site
I have never ever seen horses hooves so overgrown as these. How did they get that bad without someone doing anything about it ? She looked such a lovely horse as well. Absolutely criminal. Video can be seen at www.worldhorsewelfare.org
but its awful !

HighGT

New User
Visit site
Just watched the video clip of this poor horse. It was one of the most upsetting things I've seen. I quite agree....how can something like this get overlooked.

jenz87

Visit site
My horse was mistreated before igot her. I reported her "owner" to the RSPCA and they came and saw and took pictures but, once again after being told there was definately a case, the RSPCA did nothing.

Its quite typical round here for them to do nothing its very fustrating!!

katherine1975

Visit site
That nearly made me cry, if people don't want horses why do they keep them! They should sell them or give them away. My 14.3hh cob mare is adopted from World Horse Welfare, I think they do a great job.

Kenzo

Visit site
Very shocking and very sad, never seen hooves as bad as that before, certainly not on the hind feet, I couldn't believe my eyes :mad: how the hell can someone turn a blind eye and let that happen to a animal.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Very shocking and very sad, never seen hooves as bad as that before, certainly not on the hind feet, I couldn't believe my eyes :mad: how the hell can someone turn a blind eye and let that happen to a animal.

Sadly Kenzo because they are human. I have only ever met a handful of people in my lifetime that I would consider to be truly decent people. One of those was a former teacher who I admired very much and was very passionate about animals and people. She died of a brain tumour at a youngish age. Where is the justice in that?
This person who allowed this to happen to her horse should have been put down along with her poor mare in my opinion. Banned for ten years, what a joke. She knew exactly what she was doing. How much is a trim £15 or £20 such a lot of money that isn't it.
The video that I have just seen made me both cry and very bitter and angry. The more I see of people's doings the less I want to have anything to do with anyone.
I can wholly understand why some people go completely nuts and go on a killing spree, of people. Not necessarily for the right reasons or aimed at the people it should be, but I can understand why some people do flip at society's doings.
I don't think people or society on a whole will ever change. Why? Because too many people are self centred or so at ease to turn a blind eye.
A bit like the story about the stag in Exmoor who may have been taken as a trophy. If that was indeed the case, why the complacency depicted by some of the responses to it? Why is it acceptable to kill animals or even people for that matter as a trophy? For food yes, because that is what 'man' is, a hunter and gatherer by nature. To hang up on a wall, adorn the floor or sit on a coffee table. No, that is so very wrong!
Culling of deer yes, unfortunately in the UK it has to be done to control numbers unless we bring back natural predators. I would much rather see an injured or weak deer shot for the greater good if it would likely die by a lingering death or numbers were that huge that the likelihood of animals starving to death at some point was inevitable. Cruel to be kind and all that. To shoot an animal because it has a price on its head is wrong.
The woman who has neglected her horse's feet so badly that it was put to sleep and how she has been dealt with is a pure indication of double standards. We as a civilised society condone the law and how individuals like this woman is treated and make sure that she gets a fair hearing and punishment is either prison, fines or banning from horse ownership. Yet at the same time those people who set out the laws in this country and the citizens that uphold those laws because it is not only legally correct but morally also; will turn a blind eye when animals are abused or killed in the name of sport.
I can't understand these moral high grounds that 'we' as humans take?
Acting dignified and 'westernised' when it comes to some issues whilst taking a very different view against other matters simply because some animals are considered to be 'game' animals.