Horse Abuse - Northamptonshire/Leicestershire

Taboo1968

Visit site
Taken from the evening Telegraph Newspaper

Owners sickened by horse attacks
A HORSE has been sexually assaulted in the latest of a series of sickening attacks on animals.
Stable owner Karen Griggs has been left devastated after her four-year-old horse Ember was abused in an horrific attack sometime between midday and 6pm on Tuesday.
Miss Griggs and her equestrian friends in the area are now considering setting up a group to help keep their horses safe.
She said: "This happened in the area five years ago and we set up a patrol group to drive round the countryside to keep an eye on what was happening.
"We may set this up again and would ask people to keep watch for anything suspicious."
The American paint horse was taken from her stable to another part of the yard before it was abused.
All the CCTV cameras around the yard were either broken, stolen or repositioned while the attack took place.
Miss Griggs, who has owned the stables for five years, returned to find her horse out of the stable. Two other horses had been let out but it is thought they were not harmed.
She said: "The vet has confirmed that a sexual attack took place. I just can't believe this has happened.
"I have now moved all of my mares and am making changes to my security arrangements."
On the same evening animals at a cattle farm in nearby Great Easton were let out although it appears they were unharmed. However over the last few years the owners said there have been a number of attacks on their animals.
The recent episode follows the mutilation and slaughter of two sheep at a farm in Cottingham in August.
Bob Rutt, who has a farm in Rockingham, said he has been aware of a number of sexual and criminal attacks on animals over the past few years.
This year one of his sheep was shot with a pellet gun and he has had other animals shot in the past.
He said: "There have been a number of isolated attacks on horses along the Welland Valley. A lot of the attacks have been happening on a full moon, so I don't know if there is some form of ritual to it.
"In my opinion it is being done by someone who works with animals, as you would need to know how to approach them.
"I am horrified that this is happening."
Anyone who saw any suspicious activity on Tuesday should call Northamptonshire Police on 08453 700700.
09 December 2006

Salcey

Visit site
Karens a close mate of mine, I wont go into details as to what they did to her horse, but it doesn't bare thinking about.
Ember apparantly is doing ok though - thank God

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
mad.gif
This is terrible, hope Ember makes a full recovery.

CLS.

Visit site
It makes me sick, I live about 2mins drive away in the next village. I always make a point of slowing down and staring at people in cars if I think they look suspicious when Im out and about.

What is the world coming too!

Taboo1968

Visit site
Bumped into Karen in the local garage this morning and she said the horses are doing well and they apparently have a good idea who it was! I hope they catch them!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
It's awful. I live two villages away and the thought of some sick pervert being on the loose doesnt bear thinking about. I hope they catch this idiot and throw away the key.