horse acting odd last night....

seaview

Visit site
Hi everyone,
One of our horses at the yard was acting very strange,
she is a really good eater and tucked into her gub straight away she ate for a bit then stopped hung her head low then lay down for 5 mins, she then got up again to eat and seemed grand.
does anyone have any idea what she could have been doing we have only had her for about a week, we stayed with her for a good while after but she was grand and fine again this am!
Other than that she is in great form and had just been brought in form the field.
nat
x

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
It is possible she may have had a mild choke. I would keep an eye on her while she eats and if it happens again it would b worth getting her scoped. Hopefully it was a one off and won't happen again. Have her teeth been checked?

rosedewar

Visit site
Yeah, that was my first thought on reading - choke, but it obviously passed (!) itself without needing a Vet callout.

My old boy got choke just after we moved to current yard - I think he was gorging on the nice haylage, so it might be similar in her case.
HTH.

Sparklet

Visit site
Make sure her feed is well dampened so it is less likely to lodge in her throad. She sounds like my daughters horse, so greedy she cant eat it fast enough. She got choke and we always make her feed quite damp now and there have been no further problems