Horse addicted

iayyub

New User
Visit site
I was around 16 years old when I was at my uncle's place for the summer vacation. I was always an admirer of horses and that day the fever raised, I created a tantrum with my uncle and told him I want a horse now. He promised me that in the morning I would be getting that horse and the next morning a friend of his brought me a horse. I remember without any assistance I managed to tie a pillow with a piece of rope on its back and got on top. I don't know how I did it but I did it. I got on the horse and also took my cousin she was like 10 years old and put her behind me on the pillow and we went for a ride. The stallion was really well behaved and we enjoyed a couple of hours of walking around.

Well after that life was moving too fast and didn't get enough time to buy or ride horses but in 2012 I moved to Janzour the suburbs of Tripoli Libya. At this time in life I started riding at the age of 34 I guess. I started with some friends and most of them left but I continued with my elder son Hassan who was approximately 9 at that time. I was lucky to get Moussa Lassan as my first trainer he was a self-taught resilient hardworking gentleman from Niger. He had spent his early days around livestock precisely camels, cows, and goats but horses were something new for him. Actually, he was working as a groom on the club before the Libyan 2011 revolution. I am from Pakistan so bringing a foreigner post-revolution was also something that bonded us. He really worked hard day and night on the horses and his students and is a renowned trainer for show jumping in Libya.

Coming to Pakistan in 2017 was not easy, life took really interesting paths but the horse fever didn't die. Despite all the covid and stuff and difficult financial situations, I have come to a point that I cannot think about anything else except horses.

I don't have a lot of financial freedom but I want to get into the horse world should I start with trading horses the market has risen significantly thanks to the Turkish series Ertugrul, Osman, Uyanis etc. I see people in the trade that know nothing and they are making good revenues. In fact, the strange thing is that a lot of horses are being sold online. I want to take the plunge would like to be friends with similar horse addicts who can't stop thinking about horses and transformed their careers into the horse world.

I just needed to talk to someone who has been on this road.

stangs

Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

If you don’t mind me asking, are you still in Pakistan? I’ve always wanted to visit, to watch the Shandur Polo Festival.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone on this forum is going to be able to answer your question about starting a horse trading business in Pakistan with no money, no facilities and no horse trading experience, but welcome anyway :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well money is there facility can be arranged experience is there need encouragement to take the plunge or not.

I still don't think anyone on this forum will be able to advise you about starting a horse trading business in Pakistan, but who knows, there might be a few lurkers who will surprise us :)

iayyub

New User
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

If you don’t mind me asking, are you still in Pakistan? I’ve always wanted to visit, to watch the Shandur Polo Festival.

Yes I am in Pakistan, you can come to visit anytime you want. The Shandur Polo Festival is something beautiful.