Horse and Hound website - VIP section

Do you subscribe to the VIP section on the H+H website?

• Total voters

Edgehog

Visit site
Another one who can read it for free but wouldn't pay for it. The article titles come up on my RSS feed along with other H&H news.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Isn't it just stuff they ..like the columns and stuff?

So if I pay £2.50 each week for a mag..that works out at £10 a month.....why on earth would I want to pay £20 more for less

Having said that, does anybody else think the mag is going seriously downhill i.e. zero content, 90% overly massive pictures e.g. the horsemeat article a couple of weeks back and amateurish product reviews in which every product is "amazing" as well as endless advertising within articles ?

real shame as I used to love H&H

Beausmate

Visit site
Having said that, does anybody else think the mag is going seriously downhill i.e. zero content, 90% overly massive pictures e.g. the horsemeat article a couple of weeks back and amateurish product reviews in which every product is "amazing" as well as endless advertising within articles ?

Yep, this ^ Plus the 'celebrity' tosh that seems to be everywhere these days.

I tried the VIP thing on a free trial. Not worth the money, the articles aren't that great. I also don't like the fact that all the vet articles (not that they're that great, but still..) which could help some people out, are VIP.

I subscribe to the newsletter and that always mentions the VIP section.

numptynoelle

Visit site
I have a paper subscription and its all in there anyway,

When I last pointed out the VIP comes free after a few days on fb, H&H went mental saying I was a liar and that it never ever happens!

Really?! :eek3: Wow, I have definitely seen most of the articles appear VIP-less a few days after previously being listed as VIP!

Just realised that I'm no longer a paper subscriber, and not on FB, so I may have missed advertising the VIP section through those channels.

I also don't like seeing the vet articles labelled as VIP, but I suppose they need a mixture of things in there or it would just be comment pieces (by the looks of things). I'm going to wait and see if we can get 100 votes on this thing, then I'll pop them an email to this thread. :wink3: 13 more votes to go!

Lexi_

Visit site

Eventing mag is awful for the product review thing. About 4 pages per issue and nothing gets less than 4 out of 5 stars.

tankgirl1

Visit site
I CBA with H&H mag, its full of comp news and results, which just doesn't interest me at all, with the odd informative article thrown in! I do however love HHO :p

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Why would I want to pay extra for someone's opinion - it seems to get dished out for free all the time (if I want it or not!)

Someones opinion and or comment would only apply to an event or situation i would probably not have been in anyway.
Facebook and twitter and even HHO are free! :)

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com

Same here - I never buy it now. I did buy the "special" Badminton issue and TBH was quite disappointed with it, especially for the cost. I occasionally buy H&H during hunting season as I do enjoy the hunting reports, but there aren't enough of them to make it worthwhile usually. I also always used to enjoy flicking through the ads and 10 yrs ago when I was horse hunting, I bought it religiously. When I bought the Badminton issue, I was so disappointed with the number of ads in the back.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Same here - I never buy it now. I did buy the "special" Badminton issue and TBH was quite disappointed with it, especially for the cost. I occasionally buy H&H during hunting season as I do enjoy the hunting reports, but there aren't enough of them to make it worthwhile usually. I also always used to enjoy flicking through the ads and 10 yrs ago when I was horse hunting, I bought it religiously. When I bought the Badminton issue, I was so disappointed with the number of ads in the back.

talking of ads in the back of the mag...they are a complete shambles