Horse ate whole lickit, should i be worried

Illusion100

Visit site
I once had a youngster that was lacking copper due to soil/grazing and after vet had given her a copper injection, I decided to buy a field supplement lick. I got a really big size as she was out with the brood mares and other various young stock so I knew she'd at least get her turn at it.

She left the herd and came over as per usual and I put the lick in, she had a go and I left her to it. Next morning I found her flat out snoring next to the empty container, she must have been at it all night! Didn't do her any harm!

Auslander

Visit site
No use at all in current weather, but I had one specifically for keeping Spike occupied while I was treating his abscess back in the summer. He ate one in ten minutes on the first day (and was completely unreasonable for days afterwards!) so I put the second one in a hook over manger, left it in the sun, and it melted completely onto the bottom of the manger. Once it had hardened, he couldn't bite it, so was forced to lick it - it lasted for weeks after that!

Sparkles

Visit site
Well the old welsh mare is nearly 20 and still going strong with no ill effects from various lick it incidents over various times in her life lol.

JoJo_

Visit site
My new mare wont touch a likit. 5yo IDx so probably never had one before. Nor does she like mints. She will have apple treats like the Spillers kind but wont touch an apple likit. She has had a few licks of an original horslyx though but that molasses so not keen on giving her those.

budley95

Visit site
Mine is pretty good at the old likit's! Record is a banana one gone in 27 seconds... pins it and he eats it in one go as quickly as possible. It's never done him any harm. He only gets them about once a month (if that) as he's a pig with them. Does the same with sweedes on a rope! I wouldn't worry too much. Mine got through a 5kg hubblick in 5 days not too long ago as well. They're literally just sugar now, and I must admit to eating a bit before I give it to my horse as well - they're delicious so it's no wonder they gobble them down! He got through the Himalayan salt lick by NAF pretty quick too....

[100323]

Visit site
The Jimmies or It might be Uncle Jimmies Licks cannot remember the name last longer. They are seed based and a harder sugar. They for in the Lickit holders.

Visit site
My shetlands did this all the time hence they no longer get lickets! They get the Rock Salt licks lol!

As an aside - I myself an quite partial to Lickets! Love the mint one! A fair bit like Kendal Mint Cake lol!
sammmeeee I was so scared something was wrong with me glad I'm not the only one ,I like the mint one tooo ,like the apple one but a little sweet for me

Equi

Visit site
Someone gave my horse a likit for Xmas. I tried a bit just to see what it’s like. The horse didn’t get it.....

Sir barnaby

Visit site
I use a small lick it when I’m plaiting, or pulling his mane I wedge in in his Haynet so he has to work at licking it, they Last for ages this way, as soon as I’m finished with him I take the lick it away.
them he licks me and I get treacle like stains all over my tee shirt ?

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Yes, why do people keep bringing up zombie threads. And how on earth to they find them anyway!
Because you get slated if you dare to post a new thread about an "done to death" subject. As it's too difficult to read a thread and move in if you don t want to post, comment on it. So it's easier to berate the poster whim dares to post. So basically you cant win.