Horse& badly bruised hip

Frankie10

Visit site
Hi
Last weekend my horse spooked sidewards into a metal gate post& walloped himself ~ caught himself right on the bony bit of his hip & hit it hard. Small cut which I immediately cleaned & dressed but more concerned about the bruising & possible damage to bone. Horse was shaken but sound. I called vet and talked through to him & he was happy not to come out yet as he was perfectly sound & comfortable.
2 days rest- bit stiff behind & sore in area. Third day, I got the emergency vet (same vet) out to him as I was worried because he was still a bit sore& dragging toe on same side slightly & not swinging through hip. Vet assessed v thoroughly & full work up- he is pretty certain that he has just badly bruised the area. Bute but out on field to keep moving.
It's 5 days since the incident and he is still stiff and obviously sore still.
I will call the vet again in the morning to check if there is anything else I can do to quicken his recovery but has anyone had something similar?
I'm really not sure how long the recovery time is from this sort of injury.
Thanks in advance. I know I'm neurotic and the vet has already been but any advice appreciated

Thanks so much
X x

Frankie10

Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I asked the vet this and he was pretty confident that it was just bruising due to his range of movement and by palpating the area. He was very thorough so fingers crossed. X