Horse Ball

bertiewooster

Visit site
One of my vets is getting up a horseball team and one of the nurses asked me this evening if I'd like to join. I'm going to have a proper look on the internet, but from the way she was talking, it sounded extremely dangerous! "Like rugby or Quidditch (something to do with Harry Potter?) on horseback, only more violent" was how it was described! Does anyone play?!
confused.gif

maddielove

Visit site
they used to play alot at the riding school...never played but would love to!!
i remeber a woman fell off and landed on her shoulder..scared her a bit! never saw her ride after that...
sounds like a good chance if your horse is a small ish size and pretty bombproof when i comes to flying objects!..if not then it'll be twice as fun!

dieseldog

Visit site
I used to play it and it was great fun, its more like rugby/basketball on horse back.

I did it when it was first introduced to england (a long time ago) and I hope its changed since then, as I used to get told of for laughing too much! I stopped playing when 'they' decided that woman weren't allowed to play on the British Team (rest of Europe didn't care) as woman got hurt too easily and also our boobs got in the way when we tried to score goals!

bertiewooster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
as already said, best for smaller bomb proof horses, and a rider with nerves of steel!
it looks great fun, I'd love to try it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, I'm afraid Milly and I might fail on both counts - I'm as spooky as she is!!
blush.gif

bertiewooster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I used to play it and it was great fun, its more like rugby/basketball on horse back.

I did it when it was first introduced to england (a long time ago) and I hope its changed since then, as I used to get told of for laughing too much! I stopped playing when 'they' decided that woman weren't allowed to play on the British Team (rest of Europe didn't care) as woman got hurt too easily and also our boobs got in the way when we tried to score goals!

[/ QUOTE ]

And my boobs are definitely too big!!
blush.gif
frown.gif
tongue.gif