Horse bedding that works!!

teresagarsden

Visit site
Hi to all, I am new to this but just wanted to tell all about a fab beddding im trying on my 3 wonderful neds. I was previously on chopped straw shavings mix but at £7.40 per bale it was expensive so after a month of research i am now trying chopped cardboard and its fantastic, it has reduced my muck heap rotts quickly and gives a fantastic warm comfy bed. It is small squares with some longer pieces it only took 5 bales to set up the bed in a 12x12 stable with banks and is so easy to muck out as the card does not stick to the muck and it allows the urine to pass through then soaks from the bottom. it is easy to see the wet and now take out 1 skip per horse after all night on the bed. Even on my welsh cob youngster who was so wet on the shavings it is proving to be a godsend. And the best bit all this for £3.50 per 20kg bale and i only top up with 1 per week! if anyone has questions please feel free to message i will help if i can.
speak to you all soon
Tree
smile.gif

teresagarsden

Visit site
I am in darwen in Lancashire and the company is in Rishton im not sure if they deliver but i got 10 bales in my 4x4 LWD and 6 in my car. Its called EW Cartons please tell them you heard from Teresa then you should get the same price.

kombikids

Visit site
is this like ecobed- cant get it our way for 5.75- herts - i use it in summer as so cheapbut i deep litter in winter and it gets too soggy.

Ingramah

Visit site
I'm using it too. I don't lay a full bed as we are on mats but most mornings I have just one barrow between two stables. Having said that I tend to skip out at my last check around about 10pm. Much easier than straw and, dare I say it, even shavings. Paying more than £3.50 a bale though but then it goes a long way.

teresagarsden

Visit site
My options were to either seriously cut costs or sell one of the horses which would have been awful ( i have had my 13hh pony for 25 yrs and she still thinks she is 2!!) This is why i am so chuffed to be finally saving some money on the bedding. i have also changed my feed supplier to one near work, so now i have to use my dinnertime to collect but i save fuel and costs less. I just thought i would share my tips if it helps anyone else.

251libby

Visit site
Ages ago i went to view a horse that was on this bedding, and it just doesn't look very nice, i don't know about what it's like to muck out etc.