Horse Boarding

Archina

Visit site
There was an article in H&H not long ago about it, did anyone read it? :)

So decided to take a drive down to Wolverhampton (i live in South Lanarkshire) to watch one of the competitions. It was awesome! :D Atm, there are 2 races. The 100m which is is a flat out gallop and the 400m which is clocked race. Top speed of the day i think was 34mph! Everyone was really friendly and everything was done safely. The horses seemed to really enjoy it and didnt mind pulling a board rider along at all.

Tried it tonight with my own horses and OMG...soooooooooo much fun!! :D All of them took to it really quickly and really enjoyed it. Cant wait to do it again on sunday.

If anyone wants any info feel free to give me a PM. :)

FB link for some pics and vids.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lanark-United-Kingdom/The-Scottish-Horse-Boarding-Club/176700659050937

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
WOW that looks ace! I have seen it done on youtube a few years ago but never knew it took off!! Brilliant... might try at the farm on bank hols!

heatherlm

Visit site
Just looked at your FB, please say you guys do this up at the racecourse? If you do, what dates/times/etc....not sure if I'd be brave enough to try it but would love to see it in action!

Archina

Visit site
We have only just started the club so wont be up and running properly untill July. There is still a lot we have to sort out etc but we are partnering up with the Extreme Horse Riding Association as they are the official british club. :)

At the moment we are using a neighbours fields to hold our practice sessions as there is plenty open space but the racecourse sounds like a grand idea! :D Something we will definitely look into ;) Next year the competitions will be closer to home (which is Scotland) and a couple of them will probably be at our yard. We are also looking to set some Scottish competition dates for next year and maybe squeeze in a couple at the end of this summer if we gather enough interest! :D

If your interested and want to come for a wee look our yard is situated just outside Biggar, South Lanarkshire. Training sessions will be every Wed and Sun. We may also be doing a demo at the Biggar show at the end of July, still to be confirmed though. Love the thought of bringing something different to the masses!! :D

Last edited:

BBP

Visit site
Hi! I must have met you there briefly, I was riding the grey horse Rohan. Glad you enjoyed it after traveling all that way! I had a brilliant weekend (helped by winning a trophy for top points and top speed (hit 35mph in the end!).

Archina

Visit site
I wondered if i would come across someone from the competition on here!! :D Rohan is Daniels horse yea? I was so impressed with everything and tbh wasnt going down with any grand ideas as i wasnt sure if it could be a popular new sport but was blown away by it all! :D

Just really excited to get up and running :p Well done for winning the trophy!! We couldnt stay for the Sunday as i had lessons and hacks to take out but we will be back down with some competition for you guys in July! :p

BBP

Visit site
Bring it on!!! Haha!

Yep, Rohan is Dan's. I have to admit, it was a lot faster than i expected. races are a whole different ball game to training, the horses pick up on it being different. I knew Rohan was fast but I didn't expect the boarders to be up to going at that speed, and I didn't think the riders would take it so seriously...I found myself getting really competitive!

Archina

Visit site
Lol...i can see that! :p

I am bringing down 2 of my mares, Candy who is 14.1hh, 20yrs old. She is quite fast but would never beat Rohan! haha. My other mare Katie will give you a good run for your money though! She is warmblood x TB, 15yrs old and very fiesty, just loves to gallop! :rolleyes: Think i will stick to staying on the horse as the boarding looks so scary, especially at 35mph!! :eek: haha.

I got a couple of really good pics with you on Rohan, tagged Daniel in them so you should be able to see them on his FB page, if not just add me as a friend and i will tag you. :)

BBP

Visit site
Thanks!

I don't think Rohan is by any means the fastest horse out there (Ginja Ninja and Frank are younger with big engines) but he is relatively reliable in the start box (not always!), whereas the other two set off with so much power that they kept killing their boarders off on the start line. I guess that's what makes it so much fun! So if your girl is fast but starts well, then you stand a good chance (obviously if your boarder is good too - I'm lucky with Dan!)

Archina

Visit site
No worries :)

Candy is very steady at the start but Katie might get a bit more wound up, only done it once with her so plenty of time before July to get her a bit more experienced. Is ginga ninja the huge chestnut that got very excited by the whole thing? Thats not a horse, thats a monster! :eek: haha. Serious competition there once he settles down in the start box.

I am more sure of my horses than the boarders but plenty time to train them before July aswell!! lol :p