Horse boots for show jumping

littlelessbloom

Visit site
Once everything is back up and running again, I'm going to be hopefully affiliating my connie. Somebody mentioned that I should probably get her some boots. I've never actually used boots when jumping her and it seems a bit of a mine field looking at different types and brands.

What are people's suggestions? Are people for or against boots? Does it all depend on the height your jumping?

TheMule

Visit site
If they are shod behind then I use overreach boots and sometimes tendon boots/ strike boots as well. My horse jumps up to 1.10m and she doesn’t wear boots when she is unshod/ only shod in front, it really isn’t a requirement

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I jump 1.10m and I am far too lazy to put boots on at home in training with a shod horse. I do put on tendon boots when out and about. I always wear xc boots for xc though. They get the full works. I used to boot everything up and then realised they cause more issues than they stop with hot tendons so now I wear none at home and have noticed no knocks with several horses over the years.

I wear boots for the following - galloping work (just to cover tendons) XC, jumping away from home.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
I only put boots on when I've got studs in, or if i'm going to be jumping solid obstacles (and usually that's when i've got studs in anyway). Rest of the time, legs are naked!