Horse box Inspections pre purchase

JoannaC

Visit site
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good but not extortionate service for inspecting a horsebox before buying. Decided it's time to get another lorry or i'll never get back out and about as hackable shows are few and far between. Going to look at a box tomorrow but as I don't have a clue mechanically I think i'll need to get an indpenedant inspection done, preferably one that knows about horseboxes rather than just a mechanical check.
Thanks
Jo

Bernster

Visit site
Sorry that this is only partly helpful. I used someone a couple of years ago for a box in Kent, but I've got his details at home. Will post up later if you are still looking for a recommendation. He did the work, was helpful and informative, seemed to know his stuff, picked up on a couple of things but was able to tell me they were minor and could wait until next plating, and did a typed up report of the info.

I would def get a box checked by someone mechanically minded as I wouldn't have a clue. My friend bought one recently that seemed fine but when she got a mechanic to check it, found out it was not a great build which we would never have noticed.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
I used Essex Horsebox inspections I think the name is, advertises in H&H. Very good, knows about the construction of the box as well as the mechanics. He advised me the box would be well overweight carrying two horses never mind three as it was stalled for!

Spottyappy

Visit site
Brad Hope from Bicester Horsebox hire. I can't post a link on my notebook,but the website is www.bshhorseboxes.co.uk. He will travel more or less anywhere and is very,very thorough.
He has inspected quite a few boxes for me,and saved me a fortune as I would have otherwise purchased vehicles that would have cost lots as had problems I wasn't aware of.I have purchased two at different times which he has inspected for me( after looking at quite a few and deeming them unsuitable).
You are welcome to pm me if you would like any more info or want contact nos.