Horse breaking in sussex/surrey?

luckyklm

New User
Visit site
Got two youngsters i need breaking in this spring/summer to do showjumping. Both bred to jump... Anyone got any good people to recommend in sussex/surrey area?

Luci07

Visit site
Our yard backs youngsters (not me, just a livery there!) just finished 3 who are currently being ridden away so possible space? pm if you want more details - YO's main interest is eventing so has a clear jumping focus!

http://www.denbiesstables.co.uk/ (Dorking, Surrey)

mmel001

Visit site
Another vote for Jim Goddard here. My horse has recently come back from a 6 week stay with Jim. He had become strong, bolshy, pair bonded to the point where he wouldn't even go to the field without his mate and basically became increasingly hard to manage over the winter, I was really struggling. After one of my trainers came out and saw what was going on she recommended Jim, so my horse went off for a light start, after many discussions with Jim about it.

Jim's got a nice yard, 30 acres and all the time and patience in the world.

I was able to go down as much as I could and work with Jim and my horse, and Jim took lots of time to explain what he was doing and why, and gave me plenty to work with when my boy came back. My horse was lightly started, so he was introduced to tack, and being very lightly ridden. I got to have a walk around the field on him, and Jim still gives me advice and help if and when I need it!

Now I have my boy back, if we get into difficulty I've got some tools up my sleeve. He's much softer and lighter and much more focussed and attentive when working him.

magners1

Visit site
If you havn't already found someone, I'd highly recommend charlyclothierhorses.com, she has a small yard in Surrey and tons of experience, I've seen her do a few and she takes her time to do them properly. She also has a wealth of experience showjumping so they have a good grounding.