Horse Chiropractors....a question & any in the Yorkshire Area?

Kenzo

Visit site
Hello,

Thought about getting Mr Mackenzie's back checked out, not that I suspect anything is wrong, but just as a general check up...so I have a few questions...

Do I need to get written authority from my vet to say yes, that's fine you can have him looked at, or it that just after they have say for instance diagnosed that there is a specific problem and then they have to give permission to work on their backs?
confused.gif
I seem to be under the impression that you do but a lady is due to come up to our yard very soon but nobody has mentioned this...or am I wrong?
confused.gif

Next question...any recommendations for anyone that works in the Yorkshire area, if so...how much? feel free to PM if you prefer.

Cheers
smile.gif

cob1

Visit site
Lee Clark is good (hes from Teesside & ACPAT registered), not sure which end of Yorkshire your from, im sure on the ACPAT website he covers Yorkshire?

Hes recommended from all the vets up where i live, i have used him for my TB, and his full work ups are amazing. You give him your vets name and no and he gets permission from them.

josiesmithuk

Visit site
the back person will take your details and contact your vet before they do any work on your horse.

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you?? (its a big place, lots of back people about lol)

_daisy_

Visit site
what normally happens is the physio/chiro gets in touch with your vet prior to the examination etc.
theres a few i would use in yorkshire (and a few i wont) - some travel others dont. which area you are in?
Vicki Spaldings clinic is excellent and tim jarman is also excellent
www.timjarman.co.uk

Kenzo

Visit site
Sorry I thought it said East Yorkshire in my location details (oops) but it doesnt...so East Yorks, near Selby/Doncaster area.

ladyt25

Visit site
2nd for Tim Jarman - just managed to squeeze ours in to see him! That's the only thing i'd say is a problem, you can have to wait sometimes but, if you're able to get to one of the clinics (he does one in Spofforth) I think you're more likely to get in sooner.

Kenzo

Visit site
They would have to come down to where he's stabled at the moment, how much does he charge roughly?

Thank you for suggestions guys, I take it I can just google him and it will give me his details, I'll have a gander.
smile.gif

Is there someone called Liz Harris or something like that...might of got her name muddled up a bit, think that is the lady that may be coming down
confused.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
He's about £60 or was when I last went to the clinic. However, he came out a few years back, there was nothing wrong with my horse he concluded, but gave him an all over massage and that was only £25. Think def more now though although not sure if less if he's coming to your stables?

It used to be about £45. I think depends on how much he has to do to be honest. If there's nothing wrong with your horse then he'll tell you.

Kenzo

Visit site
Thank you, would you or anyone happen to have his telephone number, I cant get onto his webpage using his web address at work, for some reason its blocking it
confused.gif
blush.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
Yeah i think the site's a bit temperamental - does that to me then the next minute it comes up. If you can get on you can email but the tel number is 07776 130464 (well I got that off the Thornton Lodge website so assume is up to date) - you will have to leave a message and Jess will usually call you back.