Horse clippers- will these do the job?

Elle33

Visit site
I havent tried those particular ones, but I got some similar from Amazon for around £100 - they were totally rubbish, tried to do a full clip and had to end up using a friends pair to finish. I splashed out on the Heiniger Progress clippers in the end - These are amazing!

Renvers

Visit site
Have you considered a good pair of second hands ones? sometimes only been lightly used, my local tack shop tends to have a few pairs in this time of year. It might be worth a look and then you can get a tried and trusted make like Heiniger

holeymoley

Visit site
Look on eBay, there's a shop that sells unbranded clippers, they're pretty much listers but no branding. Really fab, robust , and up for the job!

skint1

Visit site
Thank you all and much obliged for saving me hassle and bother! I shall peruse ebay and see what I can find second hand (or in holeymoley's shop!)

holeymoley

Visit site
I don't have a shop lol , there's a shop on eBay I got my clippers from. See the other thread about clippers today about who/what to avoid .

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If you have a limited budget it may be better to try & get a used set of 'named brand' clippers i.e. Wolseley. Lister, Liveryman etc. These generally qwill be better made, last longer & you will be able to get replacement parts & get them serviced easier than an unknown brand.

On Ebay you should be able to get a good used set as many people buy clippers but eventually want to sell them & they've had little use. This is not the time of year though to get really good bargains as this is the time of year when more horses are clipped than any other time & therefore more people are chasing them. :)