Horse collapsing multiple times.

Noodlebug

Visit site
I would find him in the field lying down or he would go down at strange times i.e. feed time. When he was younger he did go down on his knees when I did his girth up once. He was always fine after and it was more stressful for me as he really didn't seem to know it had happened!! The vets did say it could be his heart and he was having a episode that wasn't apparent when they listened to it by time they got there. There was no mention of PTS just to keep an eye on him and if any thing changed they would re-assess him.

mop

Visit site
hi i have two horse and their condition is on here under horses that keep collapsing vet is now thinking sleep depravation go and look on equisearch and don t give up!! maybe just needs a change of environment

trottingon

Visit site
OP you know for a fact he has fallen once. I'm wondering if you could hang around after his breakfast for a few days (are you off work over Christmas?) so you can perhaps witness what is happening yourself?

leggs

Visit site
My mare had this a couple of years ago I contacted the dr in the article and together we found out what was causing it, the sleep deprivation which made her crash down once every 2 wks, in her case it turned out to be ulcers that caused pain when lying down. BUT horses need remsleep,if not, they will crash and sometimes go straight into remsleep which looks a lot like epilepsy, twitching their legs. and having their eyes open.

have a read thru this; http://veterinarycalendar.dvm360.co...t-narcolepsy-horses-proceedings?rel=canonical

mop

Visit site
hi i m lucky to be with them all day every day and they both do it at least 5 times whilst i m there i ve even videod them for the vet who after running up a huge vet bill has no explanation

mop

Visit site
had aneamea checked and neurological checks and all clear Both of them doing it tested for everything we can all clear had steroids antibiotics bute but no different thanks