Horse 'deliberately' hit by vehicle»

Welly

Visit site
I can't tell you how mad this makes me I asked a lady driver to slow down this week and the reply was "get a f..king life" I will bet a months wages that the police will let the driver of with nothing more than a talking to, if so I hope the owners take a civil action against the driver and the police.

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Someone who knows Nigel was on here very soon after the accident (same day/day later, can't remember) telling us all about it and warning us about the driver.
Some people...

scribble

Visit site
We had a similar experience and are in Norfolk this summer. I was hacking out on a youngster and only second time out. was hacking out with experienced horse and 4x4 was coming towards us quickly so i put her in the side right next to exper horse and put my hand up 3 times to ask driver to stop or slow down. he did in the end but it was very nerve racking. on horses firts time out my friend led me out and i rode. she walked in the middle of the road as it is only 100 yrds of road from track to yard in order to stop vehicles coming past and i was right on the side. She was pushed over by a 4x4 coming past who went up the verge to get past. horse was o.k but bit shaken. very impatient people or just inconsiderate.

BackInBlack

Visit site
makes my blood boil.
couldn't put into words what i feel about people like this.
poor horse
mad.gif

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
This just infuriates me. What can I say on here to describe my feelings for this man...! I cannot. Arghh... I just can't believe some people - What drives them (no pun intended) to be so bloody callous??

Rollin

Visit site
A group of children in Central Scotland are being regularly harassed on a narrow country lane by a particular driver. On one occassion he reveresed into a pony ridden by a child.

The response from the Accident Prevention Officer in the local Police Station - to make sure they were wearing hi-viz.

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
It's not just horse riders that these idiots bully either but cyclists too!

I was cycling down to the field with my 8 year old son the other day (I also had my dog on the lead, she's trained to stay on one side of the bike when I ride).
We mainly stay on the pavements as I don't want to put my son's and my dog's lives at risk by boy racers and other idiots but we had to go on the road at one point as there were workmen digging up the pavement and they had their big works lorry parked parked right beside it so it was sitcking out in the middle of the road.

Of course we had to bike off the pavement and go around the lorry to get back onto the pavement again but as we were biking around the lorry, this woman was driving towards us and sped up!!! I swung out into the middle of the gap (it was only a little gap between the works lorry and the cars parked on the other side of the road) to make her stop and slow down as she would have hit us trying to bully us through the narrow gap (which we were in first anyhows!)

She mouthed off as she drove by. I can't believe she would put all our lives in danger by trying to prove how "macho" she is.

I'm a woman but I agree with my OH when he says that alot of women drivers tend to bully and prove how "manly" they are by reckless driving. Judging from what I've read on this forum and from my own experiences hacking and biking out, I find it's true!
mad.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I can't actually believe this story - why on earth would anyone do that?! Beggars belief really.

I would (and would have remained) absolutely livid if someone did that, and god help the police if they don't convict the man for it.

What the heck is happening in this world?!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Oberon

Visit site
I always wear HiViz with the instruction "Please Pass Wide and Slow". I feel that most drivers panic at the site of a horse and don't know what to do. This panic can make them aggitated and aggressive. Simple instruction seems to make things easier for their tiny brains.

I always wave a thank you to drivers, considerate or not. I get irritated when people complain that riders don't say thank you enough though - why SHOULD we thank someone for following the Highway Code they agreed to adhere to when passing their test?

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Seems to happen all to often - horse v driver road rage thing. A few years ago, on our country lane we heard a car going particually fast (lady driver). we put our lives in danger by riding slightly out from the hedge, but at the time it was the only way we could get her to slow down. She stopped, wind down her window and said ' Horse riding in the middle of the road is illigal, i will report you to the police', to which we said ' really? do take our number plates down if you can see them!!' lol We then noticed her large dog fumbling around in the front seat/foot well... so we added, 'should your dog not be restrained?' She huffed and puffed and drove off!
We still laugh about this, but in reality its no joke.

Shocked when a police car drove so close to me a few months ago it clipped my stirrup!! Luckily for me I have a 'traffic proof' ned.

Feel very sorry for this poor horse in the news, and hope he can trust humans again.

Does anyone else remember the part in the film 'international velvet' - the car chase? Gives me the creeps, but it seems to happen in real life??

Rhiann0n

Visit site
This made my blood run cold................ it so nearly happened to me when that mental woman came back to abuse us after the close shave a few weeks ago
frown.gif

And............. a police car???!!!! I so hope you reported him!!!!