Horse dies at Weston Lawns

Vey

Visit site
Sometimes GTs, the only thing you CAN do for a horse which is hurt, is sit with its head in your lap. I sat beside the road, last year, for half an hour - after a bastard had run his car into her bum, sat with her dying head in my lap, waiting for the vet, trying to comfort my son who had been riding her, trying to keep her still so she did not hurt herself more, and waiting for the vet with his gun. Actually it was the only thing to be done. Kindly think how I think reading your post.

Peanot

Visit site
Vey, you have brought me to tears while reading that. There was nothing that you could`ve done except what you did. I admire you for that. I would`ve done exactly the same. My friend had a grade B showjumper that the same happened, someone drove up his bum, but he lived for a while and had 2 operations. If they had gone well, then he was to have another 2, but he didn`t make it due to complications.
frown.gif

I`m sorry that it brought a lot of upset on here but it is only human to get everyone ranting as we know how we would feel if it were us. It was my friends husband who was building there that told us, but he didn`t give any details so I didn`t put any in my post. All he said was that it had been off due to injury and after its 2nd class, it was walked back towards the collecting ring and it collapsed. It couldn`t get back up and died shortly afterwards. I don`t know about the owner beating it or whatever happened. But I`m sure that when the horse went down, they realised that there was something dreadfully wrong, and then just tried to do all they could to keep the horse comfortable. I`m glad that I didn`t go. My friend is there today jumping, and apparently the jumps are falling over in the wind!
Sorry if this post upset anyone, just thought I`d let you all know.
frown.gif

Vey

Visit site
It's all right, hun, you were not the one to upset me. I have, let it be admitted, had the day from hell. Began last night, when son and fiancee, coming back from party find she has lost her engagement ring - cue of course floods of tears. It had been a 'will you be mine' engagement complete with ring presented, so of course the ring means more than a 'I think we might consider getting engaged soon' ring. Son, I felt, did as well as anybody could in the circs. ('I still love you, will always, will buy another - still have you that is the main thing' which I thought good going for a bloke!) Then in church, had to read my wedding reading in front of my ex husbands new partner (lovely!) and then, oh hell, they had picked my wedding hymn!

I'm not keep on people beating up horses at the best of times - sad people still think taking their temper out on a horse does anything - and sudden deaths bring back too many sad memories.