Horse excited over Poo!

Balibee

Visit site
:D

My horse is a total weirdo! He is very stallion like in his behaviour, cannot be turned out anywhere with mares! He snorts/paws/rears and generally goes mad when ladies are in season. He grows from his normal 17.1hh to about 20hh when nubile fillies are around him :D. All of this behaviour I am accustomed to/manage and just goes over my head.

BUT the one thing he does which is really weird is when I poo pick he has to have his nose inthe barrow at all times, closes his eyes in ecstacy and flops his appendage out! :eek: :D

He then snorts/rears and generally is a complete pain, won't leave me alone. He gallops awayl then comes back to me snorting and half challenging me. This doesn't worry me as actually he has a lot of respect for me and if I so much as look at him or growl he backs away but he looks so cross :D

Does anyone elses horse get excited by their own poo! I find it so bizzare! :D

Snowysadude

Visit site
Mine doesnt but that just made me laugh out loud!! Mine likes to get his todger out at the slightest thing as well but is never in the field when I poo pick so I cant say :p

Balibee

Visit site
lol :D Wally's w***y (perhaps that could be his new Show Name :eek: :D ) tends to be out a lot of the time :D but around poo picking time he turns into a rampant beast!

He has no shame!

I had him examined about a year ago as he has something uh humm :eek: dangling around that area but was assured not a testicle! :D just a fluidy lump.

I just don't get his poo addiction :confused: :D

Last edited:

Cuffey

Visit site
Cuffey does smell poo when crossing the wee pony mares field to stable

A friend has 2 minis both stallions she adopted, they make poo castles, one poos on top of the other ones poo and so it goes on--must make poo picking easy though!!

stilltrying

Visit site
Not his own poo...but if a mare poo'd he would go crazy. I had to stop riding with mares because as soon as one poo'd he would stand over it, shove his face in it and taste it and try to lunge/kick at anything that came close, plus would start bucking/snaking his head at me on his back. The final straw was when he did it on a road, traffic was backed up, he spun around and crashed into a garden fence...it was dangerous and the only time he's ever really scared me.

He displayed other stallion like tendencies so I had him blood tested (was 4 or 5 at the time) and came back negative. We think he was cut late?? Anyway, best thing I ever did was move to a yard with a mixed herd turn out. He was 100% better overnight. He can annoy the mares to his hearts content. :)

Rosehip

Visit site
The 3yr old colt at the yard does this - I thought it was praps just him being a pain in the rear!
He also made me laugh the other day - he is so unconcerned about mares that wee often leave him out and bring the mare in before him, he obviously realised that Tia is a girl and was passaging and being a bit showy, then saw (his own!!) new poo on the floor, stopped and shoved his face in it! Mare completely forgotten about!
I just thought he was a wierdo!!