Horse failed vetting - please help me find another project!

galaxy

Visit site
So, I had found a horse that I really liked, which today failed the vetting. Arrrgh!

I have been scrolling the web all night and feel cross eyed! So if anyone out there fancies horse hunting tonight, I'm looking for a project to bring on, it has to be....

a mare (has to be)
14.2hh - 16.2hh (ish)
at least 4
No pure tbs
Pref no more than 1.5 hrs away.
Been looking at horses up to £2k

Thanks guys! Feeling very low tonight.

galaxy

Visit site
Feet, believe me it was a HUGE fail, vet said I'd be buying a huge expensive problem. No way I'd take it on.

I feel really sorry for the owners, they are lovely, but they have a horse that really won't be saleable. I knew her feet weren't good, which is why I had my vet look at them thorougly. The owners were gutted. Maybe someone will come along who won't want her vetted, but the feet were visably bad, I'd be surprised. I had been hoping the vet would say that they wouldn't cause me a problem and they'd be sortable, but in her opinion it wasn't.

galaxy

Visit site
Wow! You're fast!

Like the sound of the first and 3rd, will call that those tomorrow.

Had already arranged to see the 2nd one tomorrow!

Not keen on the cob, the connie is sold as the the last one.

Thanks a lot!

Cliqmo

Visit site
Good luck!! Let us know how it goes
grin.gif

galaxy

Visit site
The feet weren't just slightly bad, there was long term damage that could never be corrected to the coronet band. The vet was spot on and I trust her competely. I could have made them look better, but could never have corrected the damage.

I'm looking for a project, not a long term problem. I haven't got pictures on the comp.

Bess

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear the horse failed the vetting. I'm curious about the reason because my horse damaged his coronet band a couple of years ago and that has resulted in a ridge of hoof that grows down from it, but the farrier files it down and it has caused no problems.

What was the coronet band damage that the horse had?