Horse flies

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
yup first one tried to get me and my boy but did not.

I have a procedure with horseflies. ****Whack, roll, flick****

wallop them, move my hand back and forward rolling them into a cigarette. then flick them

L&M

Visit site
Saw our first one hacking out on Tuesday, mid wales. I thought it was early too...….we usually get them towards the end of June into July.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes, for about the last week here. They are not wise to being swatted yet, so I've killed a lot in the last couple of days :cool:

Horrid things

CavaloBranco

Visit site
None here yet! My fields are turning into dust bowls though and I'm not riding out. Also I'm sure greys are passed over in favour of his lovely dark bay field mate!

Carrottom

Visit site
I've not been bitten yet but I have just bought a large tube of Calendula cream as I'm sure it won't be long.

HashRouge

Visit site
Saw my first one today on my share horse's neck. I managed to swat him but was a bit slow so it was just concussed rather than dead I think...!

paddy555

Visit site
I haven't seen the dreaded clegs yet (that's the Scots word for them) but when they appear I start to slap my horses a lot. :D

I must look like a demented animal abuser.

mine get slapped with no warning, it does at least make them bombproof. :D
my youngster had his first lesson today in the slapping and whip wafting department. There were so many of them. If he didn't get slapped and a cheer went up as I got one he got the schooling whip over his bum, down his side and as far under as I could reach.