horse friendly beaches near hereford

EdithSparrow

Visit site
Hello we are looking to take our horses to the beach at the end of august and was wondering about what horse friendly beaches are close to Hereford/ Leominster

teddypops

Visit site
I’m near ross and we went to sker beach at Kenfig nature reserve. Easy to get to as it’s not far off the m4 and plenty of parking. We also had the whole beach to ourselves.

horse addict

Visit site
I’m near ross and we went to sker beach at Kenfig nature reserve. Easy to get to as it’s not far off the m4 and plenty of parking. We also had the whole beach to ourselves.
Hi I am really keen to visit this beach next weekend please can you advise where to park and is it safe to paddle in the sea with the horses?

gryff

Visit site
Hi I am really keen to visit this beach next weekend please can you advise where to park and is it safe to paddle in the sea with the horses?
Horse parking is very straightforward. Lovely big carpark to the left that is allocated for trailers and boxes. Follow the bridlepath through the dunes, down to the beach. It is a little but pebbly for about 20m to get onto the beach. Sea is safe for the horses to go in. Dunes are a site of special scientific interest and there are lots of rare birds and fauna down there, so please stick to the correct paths for horses. Double check tides as there is very little beach when the tide is in.

Darbs

Visit site
We are near Worcester and every year take our Pony Club branch down the M5 to Berrow Sands. just south of Weston Super Mare. Its excellent for a good canter, big open sands and horsebox parking on the beach.