Horse height

David1411

Visit site
Hi Folks, just wondering has anyone had much experience with Belgian warmblood foals and their growth rate?
I imported a foal from Belgium last December and it hasn’t grown much in the mean time, it’s a June born foal and currently stands around 14hh
The dam is 16:2hh and the sire is 17hh.
The foal is in very good health and is on a good feed plan but yet hasn’t really reached a growth spurt..has anyone experience in something along the same lines and if so what was the outcome in terms of final height and length of time it took to fully mature ?
Do Belgian warm blood usually take longer to catch up?
See pic of her this week
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

David1411

Visit site
Hi Folks, just wondering has anyone had much experience with Belgian warmblood foals and their growth rate?
I imported a foal from Belgium last December and it hasn’t grown much in the mean time, it’s a June born foal and currently stands around 14hh
The dam is 16:2hh and the sire is 17hh.
The foal is in very good health and is on a good feed plan but yet hasn’t really reached a growth spurt..has anyone experience in something along the same lines and if so what was the outcome in terms of final height and length of time it took to fully mature ?
Do Belgian warm blood usually take longer to catch up?
See pic of her this week
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

TheMule

Visit site
I generally expect 2 hands more growth from yearling height, so I’d guess you’re going to have a 16hh horse approx

David1411

Visit site
I generally expect 2 hands more growth from yearling height, so I’d guess you’re going to have a 16hh horse approx
She hasn’t hit any growth spurt since the spring but I hope she’ll finish a round 16hh because of the size of her sire and dam