Horse humour!

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
My boy enjoys knocking things over - my mounting block, the saddle stand, jump wings, gymkhana things. He will push things round the floor too, like small barrels and buckets. He also flings his feed bucket once he's finished :D

Minstrel_Ted

Visit site
Ted enjoys "playing" with things a couple of wee stories to keep you going but I must admit there is a story nearly every day, if not mine then the people who work on the yard!!
Whilst skipping Ted out one day (thankfully he does not do this since I started using a bucket to skip him out) I had my gloves on getting his very large deposits with the fork (which must of course be each individually sniffed by Ted to be sure I am not removing food) and then bending over to pick the rest up with my hands I hear the odd scraping sound behind me and then a firm nudge, knowing this was not my horses lovely warm nose I turn around to find he has shoved the wheelbarrow right up behind me, I am convinced he thought he was helping. I then started to laugh at his apparent delight and he got so excited trying to come over for a cuddle knocked the barrow over... Ah well he does try!!

Another typical Ted story is his amusement when the mirrors were put up in our indoor school, I went up thinking he wouldn't be bothered by them and rode him bar noticing his outside bend going past the mirrors he wasn't bothered in the slightest, I then got off and since no one else was there I let him do his usual which is follow me to pick up his poop from the school, he as usual followed me over (which just happened to be in the top corner in front of mirrors) and then became amazed at the horse in the mirrors, it started with a little licking... Then came a little gazing... Then a little posing... And it ended with him nuzzling his reflection...

My horse is special. I have about a million more stories of Tedness!! He is very special!

Mister Ted

Visit site
Lovely pics.Minstrel-Ted. My boys favourite trickwas to catch the elasticated toggle of my fleece while Iwas bending down picking out his feet .When I stood up he would stand there toggle between his teeth with a blank dont know what your on about look on his face when I remonstrate with him.When he decides to let it go with a ping and yelp from me his expression is one of mischevious delight.:D

Toast

Visit site
When my appy was a weanling he regularly used to come up behind me whilst i was mucking out, grab my hood and prance around whilst i was dangling off the end.
He broke every zip i had just grabbing them with his teeth and pulling up and down up and down.. i think he liked the noise
He also had a habit of knocking me off the mounting block when i stood on it to plait him up for shows. No warning, just suddenly you'd get taken out. Bad hoss!

MrsHutt

Visit site
One day recently, my friend and I were about to take the horses back to the field when we started chatting to some of the children. We were there quite a while, and suddenly I realized H had fallen asleep (or was pretending!) with his chin on my shoulder! Do you think it was a hint, or what!? ;) He has now taken to doing the same thing almost the minute we stop, if he thinks we are going to be chatting too long! ;)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Well this is Shy taking me to the very top in a jumping competition - I think he thought it was offensive to be out past his teatime :eek:

Durham-20120824-00104.jpg

Goldenstar

Visit site
I was away at the dressage clinic and my groom was at home one of the things needing doing was bathing my OH's ID so he was beauiful for hunting the next day . He had been a bit fidgety but was behaving when after rinseing him off she turned to pick up the thermatex off the door .
Frank pulled back on the Velcro tieing loop and trotted off with my groom in hot pursuit he jumped the gate into a paddock and she swears he stopped looked at her then trotted into the septic tank soak away and rolled she was so so cross he then ran round the paddock for half and hour by which time she was in tears with frustration when he stopped and walked up as if to that was fun but I am ready to come in now.
He's a very very funny horse very cheeky .

ZondaR

Visit site
My friend's horse was seen one day, when some of the livery horses had been turned out in the all weather arena for a few hours, with a lunge whip in his mouth chasing the others around in front of him.

Another horse Always farts when you brush his hind quarters. He actually pooed on his owners head once when a rear hoof was being picked out.