Horse hunting..... Grrrrrr !!!

whiteclover

Visit site
Im currently looking for a sane & sensible allrounder. I nearly bought a horse from a dealer a few weeks ago but he failed the vetting. Thankfully I walked away. Ive seen another horse and am going back next weekend to ride him again. Its horrible horse hunting.

onemoretime

Visit site
Having read all the posts on here and hearing your disappointments why dont you try "Measles" on here. A lot of forumites have bought from her and have been very happy. If you tell her what you want she will go out and find it for you. She is based in Scotland but that is not the end of the world. You can fly up and she will meet you at the airport, you can find some B&B and spend the weekend up there and see several horses. It may well be worth dropping her a PM. She will send you some photos of what she has got in. I know at present she has two lovely mares that she posted pictures of when they had been sj schooling the other day.

Bustalot

Visit site
Glad i am not the only one having a rubbish time of horse hunting lately. I don't understand the people that actually ENJOY doing it :eek:

onemoretime - I did speak with measles, but unfortunately she didn't have anything in at present what i was looking for. Her horses that she gets in always look great in her updates she posts.

Oh well off to view two tomorrow both sound ideal, maybe a tad older than i really what i want but i sharn't let age deter me. I am a bit more excited about these two than any others i have seen. Fingers crossed. :)

Rollin

Visit site
All my horses came from breeders/via breed society. Why not try that route? I had no trouble finding what I wanted and am delighted with my choices.

If you looked at IDxTB why not CBxTB or even a pure bred.... put a post on the CBHS forum.

The CB has been used as an improver by almost every warmblood stud book in Europe it is a fantastic and versatile horse, hunt, jump put in harness and hack.

I have a stunning ShagyaxCB but she is only two and won't be for sale for this year.

SaharaS

Visit site
ok...just had a genius idea...anyone interested if i start a highly vetted super dooper invite only dating agency style horse matching service??? We make up some kind of contract that sellers answer truthfully & agree to having their asses sued into next century if they lie...there would be a fee to sell & a fee to match/find (fair & all upfront)...and we could have co-ordinators in each county who do the initial viewing & stopping the unnecessary travelling time wastes etc...and therefore making the initial fees nothing incomparison to the times wasted/fuel etc....?

nicelittle

Visit site
We are also having an unsucessful time. I have looked at many horses 'suitable for a novice' that have been anything but.
The best one yet was turning up at a dealers yard (having driven for 2 hours) to be told that 'most people buy without even trying them' !!!!! my sister then rode the 'bombproof novice suitable 100% everything non bucking suitable for a riding school horse' that loked like a hat rack only to be bucked and bolted with... grrrrr
I am at the point of giving up!

Beausmate

Visit site
I've been trying to quietly sell mine for a while now, answered wanted ads too. One lovely lady with a perfect home advertised as wanted, liked the sound of my horse, thought she'd be perfect but too far away :( Others have been timewasters. You say you want x, someone says "I've got one of those" you say "great, just what I'm looking for" and you don't show up to see the damn thing! Why advertise then? Or just say no thanks, I've found something, or I've changed my mind. It's not on to leave people hanging around.

Rant done for now! :p

Oh, my horse hacks alone and is sound. Total number of viewings to date? Zero.