Horse hunting - Help needed

digger2

Visit site
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help, as the title - I'm looking for a horse and getting to the end of my tether!!

Constantly on all the usual sites, but nothing found as yet, I've seen a few, thought I'd bought one (long story) and rung/enquired about many, looking for 16-17hh 5-12 yrs with - this seams to be the catch - a good track record, either a grassroots with ability to go novice or a competitive novice who might have reached his/her ceiling - don't mind points. Sorry no full TBs'

Happy to travel once I've seen a video, (based in Devon!) happy to consider producers or private sale.

Any comment recommendations/shopping help gladly received. thanks :)

digger2

Visit site
I know someone on the lookout too, even with a reasonable budget they are thin on the ground

Thanks for those dixie, slightly pleased to hear that ihatework only because it's not just me then. ! I think I've a good budget but for the right one.

kassieg

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/clas...ire/minchinhampton/amateurs-dream-469340.html
that just popped up over there >>>

not sure about its record, sounds decent but never know until you check :) also ask about the record

my mares looks terrible as we got eliminated at our last 2 events but it was due to her saddle not fitting & it is now getting sorted (so also 2 withdrawals on her record due to this) So if you looked at it, it looks awful but there is a decent reason for it :)

LizzieRC1313

Visit site
Put a wanted ad on #twittereventing adverts? Also a friend got a lovely mare from Rowebuck stud in Sussex, not sure about eventing record but a lot have SJ record & have XC schooled there.

Luci07

Visit site
Mine would have fitted your profile. Bought him a couple of weeks ago from Shane Walsh. Worth a call perhaps to Shane?

Twiglet

Visit site
I'm looking at the moment - but for something more grassroots than you are - and had a LOT of responses to my horsequest wanted ad. Admittedly some are mares, some are miles away, but there are a lot of calls from people who haven't even advertised yet. I think it's about 11 quid but definitely worth a go.

digger2

Visit site
Twiglet thanks for that, I did wonder if a wanted ad would be worth a go. Might try it if this weekend not successful.

Really am hoping to keep travel to a minimum jnhuk but will have a look

Thanks☺