Horse hunting help please

dixie

Visit site
I am about to commence the daunting task of horse hunting again.

I am in Devon. Looking for something to event, probably only to per-novice level and a bit of BS and general fun,

Size wise a chunky 15.3 to 16.3. Don't mind mare or gelding.
Age between 5 to about 10. Would like it to have a bit of experience of the odd show if younger.

I've found a nice one on the net which is at Bromsgrove which is a fair track for me but if there were a couple more in the area it would make it worthwhile trip hopefully.

Price limit about £5000 but would go higher for something special.
Hopefully this budget is reasonable at this time of they year.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Tangaroo

Visit site
Im in the same boat. looking for the same thing but 16.1-17hh. Im in Dorset. Believe me, its not easy. I have been thinking about going to a dealer. Seems like there are plenty of horses for sale in Yorkshire and the North West!!

dixie

Visit site
Im in the same boat. looking for the same thing but 16.1-17hh. Im in Dorset. Believe me, its not easy. I have been thinking about going to a dealer. Seems like there are plenty of horses for sale in Yorkshire and the North West!!

Yes, a lot in Yorkshire! Funny because people elsewhere moan that all the horses are inDevon or Cornwall !

Gamebird

Visit site
I would but I live in Devon. I'm willing to travel a bit but isn't Gamebird miles and miles away?
I'm in Notts (but right on the A1 and 25mins from the M1). Probably too far, but you never know. He's 4, but been out and done some competing, entered for a small ODE, ready for BE90 in the spring.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Try avonmill equestrian. Yes I know it is Scotland but small friendly yard with well sourced horses that are exactly as described. Quite easy to fly up. Pip who I have just done Blair with came from there.

Doesdressage1

Visit site
Try the brendonhill stud, it's in your neck of the woods. I went up there a couple of years ago and they had some lovely young horses. I have also looked after/ridden an event horse bred by them. He truly was the kindest, most talented easy going horses I have ever come across. A real gem!!

dixie

Visit site
Thanks, they have a couple of nice ones on theirvwebsite. Am holidaying in the Lake District in a month, am sure the Oh wouldn't mind driving further up!

Keeva

Visit site
I would suggest going to a dealer as well,I have bought my past two horses of a dealer and they have been everything they have said they are. Remember not all dealers are bad ;-) !

Kick On

Visit site
Try avonmill equestrian. Yes I know it is Scotland but small friendly yard with well sourced horses that are exactly as described. Quite easy to fly up. Pip who I have just done Blair with came from there.

ditto this, I flew up (I HATE flying) and found a very nice. Horse was as described, knowledge and friendly yard - worth a look....................

dixie

Visit site
I'm in Notts (but right on the A1 and 25mins from the M1). Probably too far, but you never know. He's 4, but been out and done some competing, entered for a small ODE, ready for BE90 in the spring.

Thanks, sounds promising. I need to get my map out and suss out where everyone is!

Maloo

Visit site
We have one for sale that would fit the bill. 16.2 grey mare. We are Herefordshire so on your way to bromsgrove, know of a couple more in the area - all potential Eventers / jumpers. Ours did her first dressage on grass last night and won on 73%. She's schooled over SJ & XC jumps incl water ditches corner & skinnies. PM Millbrooksong (daughter)for more details & link to video

IncaCola

Visit site
Hi Stilton/Dixie. I have two horses that could possibly suit. One 10 yr ex intermediate eventer looking for easier life and very well pricedand one 9 yr ISH both 16.3hh. Both very straight forward. I will try to pm you. I am in gloucestershire.