Horse hunting is for the birds

mini_b

Visit site
I'm in the same boat.

Keep getting sent videos of horses that are lame when I request them.
Then there are the ones that stay on the 'For Sale' sites for more than a few days, you can tell people have viewed those and there's something amiss with them so they remain for sale.

Then there are the ridiculously over priced ones that keep coming down each week as everyone knows they are well over priced! ONe I enquired about was only 55K felt like saying 'oh I will have two of those then'.

Then you have horses with sarcoids, splints, those that are cold backed, difficult to mount, only hack out with others and a multitude of other things.
Saw one for sale with terrible high ringbone, no way would it pass a vetting. Shame as otherwise it would have done for me. But if I'm spending 10K I want more than 'it would have done'.

We were going to go up to Northumberland as there were two for sale at the same location that wouldn't have been my first choice but hey, times are hard. The guy wouldn't even send me a video, said he'd send it me if they'd not sold by the end of the week which is no good to me, with an 8 hour round trip with the dog in tow, we would have had to book a dog friendly B&B or hotel.

I did look and could secure a double room which fitted in with our journey on the return leg for £45 (dog friendly) but they wanted confirmation that night.

I don't even know why people put them up for sale if they can't be bothered to do a ten minute video for people spending stupid money.

if you’re up Northumberland for viewings, see if you can get in with jack thomas Watson. He sells a lot of the big Irish types you’ve been looking for.