Horse in stable next door tries to bite my boys face - anything I can buy?

CobSunshine

Visit site
The horse in stable next door cranes its neck over and tries to bite my boys face.

I recall seeing a metal divider device which you can bolt between two stables in Robinsons a few months back, but not been able to find it online. It was a curved piece of metal which protruded around 1 foot.

Anyone any ideas?

Mongoose11

Visit site
This is fairly standard horsey behaviour. I have always seen squealing, bitey faces pulled between stables. Has he actually bitten your horse? The curved stable door thingy will not stop your horse getting its head out.....

Mongoose11

Visit site
Forgot to add, how long have they been stabled together for? It might just be a getting to know you thing that will settle?

CobSunshine

Visit site
stabled next to each other for 4 weeks. The biter has always been aggressive to any horse stabled next to it though, he has managed to bite my boys face, and even took nips when he's entering /exiting the stable.

My boy is too docile to bite back, and isnt keen to put his head over the door now in case he gets attacked.

Rosie'smum

Visit site
my mare is like this atm with a new neighbour. But it is the first time she has been able to see another horse from the stable as we have moved to the internal stables. Im hoping she settles when she comes in full time as i swear she will damage her teeth the way she goes at the bars!