Horse Insurance

CobMania

Visit site
Okay heard that E&L were a big no no, as was petplan.

Anyone know if Equestrian direct or BEIB insurance were any good, or can anyone recommend one?

Told her about NFU but she said they were too dear!!!! This is one of my pet peeves, why get a horse if you can afford insurance etc - grrr

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
The only one I wold avoid would E&L. Everyone has good and bad stories about insurance companies - but alledgedly this is one of the more notorious companies.

NFU - Fab. Hear good things about Petplan too.

clipertyplop

Visit site
why get a horse if you cant afford to buy one ???????
confused.gif

_OC_

Visit site
Petplan is good on payouts of claims but good at exclusions-I was with them 12 years and the poor company paid out thousands for my TB mare(sadly no more)I'm with KBIS very good and if you don't claim your premiums decrease!!!!!

samp

Visit site
I have heard of problems claiming Loss of Use. One client had an advanced eventer that had done something to its shoulder and could no longer event - she tried and the vet tried for loss of use, they refused to pay out and would only pay if the horse was PTS.

NFU are good, think BEIB and SEIB charge like 17.5% for excess - so can be stung on a colic bill or something.

CobMania

Visit site
I heard petplan werent that good, but were fine for dogs and cats etc.

I also get annoyed at people who get a horse and realise they cant afford it, she is a uni student and admits that she doesnt know what she will do come the winter.

She will be charged £35 for livery at a friends yard who IMO an A*****e, and thats for stable livery

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I would highly recommend Petplan as an insurer!!

I currently have 5 insured with Petplan and one with NFU. When one of my geldings was PTS back in march last year they were extremely helpful and quick to payout. A few years ago we also made a large claim when one of my little mares was suffering from Laminitis and other problems due to her cushings and again they were very good and paid out in no time at all. Im afraid i can't comment on NFU as i thankfully have never had to claim on this policy.

So NFU and Petplan both get the thumbs up from me!!

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
I'm with Equestrian Direct and have never had to claim. Looking into NFU for my other one as I've heard good things. ED are very efficent and quick in any dealings I've had with them, but I haven't had to claim yet.

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
Am trying to claim for loss of use with a view to putting him to sleep as he isn't going to get any better and, unfortunately, he isn't a candidate for a field ornament due to being very playful! They are saying that, although he has already been on 3 months box rest, they want him to have another 4!! Has to be reassessed in December but am worried that they will find another reason to stall. Luckily he is comfortable at the moment but is slowly deteriorating and I don't want him to suffer, nor do I want them to wriggle out of their responsibilities - after all that's what you pay the damn premiums for!!
mad.gif

CobMania

Visit site
My friends horse is only 3 and a very spirited wee thing, also its only 14.2hh so too small for me. Its an arab x, shall say no more lol.

I have riders insurance with BHS, but i would definitely think of NFU when it comes to getting my own wee baby

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Told her about NFU but she said they were too dear!!!! This is one of my pet peeves, why get a horse if you can afford insurance etc - grrr

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally NFU were too pricey for me too, though I have a 4yo unbroken welsh a x so it's not asif I want to insure him for thousands. But if I had a 'riding horse' i would consider NFU.

I recommend carriage house, and petplan. Just gt a really good quote from petplan and can't see many clauses, except the usual one of "taking vetinary advice re innoculations and care".