Horse Insurance

pawprints1

Visit site
Hi please can I ask, currently I insure my 5 year old with NFU she is my happy hacker kept at home, has made 17 hh and insured for £2000. I have been with NFU since she was 6 months I have never had a claim my renewal has just arived and because she has now reached mature hight 17hh has gone up considerably or this is what they told me when questioned. Is this normal practice. Thanks :)

Polos Mum

Visit site
I'd be amazed if size made a difference to their likelihood of having an accident or illness ! But insurance companies never fail to suprise me in their new and imaginative ways of charging more and providing less ! I generally just don't trust them but what is your alternative - maybe shop around and see if you can get a better quote from another provider. NFU I believe used to be worth the extra cost because of the good service they provided, but if you look at other threads on here they are just as bad as the others !

*Nik*

Visit site
Whatever you do DO NOT touch E & L with a bargepole! I have had a couple of nasty experiences in the past and everyone i have ever spoken to who has tried to claim hs ahd the same.

I have used Equine Insurance Solutions for the past 7 years and had many policies with them over that time and have made claims and they have always been affordable, professional and very helpful :)

claribella

Visit site
I know a couple of people who have had a payout from eandl. Im with them because they are cheaper than anyone else. They do have a bad reputation but like I said they paid out for the people I know.

Skipadeedooda

Visit site
I have had my gelding insured with NFU for 16yrs and when he turned 17years old my policy increased ten-fold at renewal time, I contacted them and totally changed my policy to veteran cover which was much more reasonable. I tried to cover my 18mth filly with them for 3rd party liability and basic vet fees and was nearly £1,000.00.....crazy! So filly is covered with KBIS much more reasonable although I haven't got experience of making a claim with them (touch wood). So NFU prices have gone through the roof.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There are a few good reports on E&L BUT there are far more bad reports, don't risk it because you never know how good or bad an insurance company is until you have to claim. If you do a search on E&L you will find there are far more adverse posts than good ones.

Dumbo

Visit site
I also suggest you stay away from E&L.
I'm with KBIS, haven't claimed yet but know a top event rider who is with them for all her 16hh+ 4* eventers and she highly recommends them. Also, petplan are v.good at paying out I've heard

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I moved from NFU 18months ago because the premium rocketed, I am now with KBIS and they are brilliant :) unfortunately George was diagnosed with COPD this year and has had a lot of ongoing treatment with the bill currently standing at £4.5K :eek: KBIS have not quibbled at all, they pay my vet direct by return of post and always send a copy of the cheque and letter to me for my records. When my renewal was due i the middle of the year I was dreading a big hike but it only went up £10 a year :) Can't praise them enough.